Screen Rec showing change from HL to CL at 10 m point

Reaction score
Hi,

Whilst beta testing Kenargo's Ultimate Flight App (UFA) I screen recorded the app in action and it clearly showed what happened when my P2V+ flew back in home lock mode and returned inside the 10 metre circle.

I knew what I expected it to do but would it behave as expected? The answer, yes it certainly did.

The video showing the action and also showing a very small part of what this excellent app has to offer is on youtube at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0OLrs66Ip4

Although I was flying on Dartmoor with no moble signal and therefore no internet reception I could still use google maps for the second screen simply by pre caching it before I set out.

What I didn't do was to check what would happen if I kept flying out of the 10 metre circle. Would it bounce out of CL mode and back into home lock mode?

Any ideas on what I might expect when I do test that?

Dave

Dartmoor Dave said:
What I didn't do was to check what would happen if I kept flying out of the 10 metre circle. Would it bounce out of CL mode and back into home lock mode?

Any ideas on what I might expect when I do test that?

Dave

it will remain in CL. If you fly back out of the 10m radius you must reselect HL.

Thanks That's the sensible action to take otherwise it would be bouncing around on the edge of the 10m circle flicking in and out of HL/CL. Can't be having DJI programming in sensible actions too often though!

Carrying that on a little if the CL initial orientation just happened to be aligned with the direction of home lock return then it would either shoot across the diameter of the circle and out the other side or stop very abruptly and zoom back the way it had come -- interesting and well worth knowing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl