Save yourself

If you are flying commercial and under Part 107, and you have a COA for flying in the airspace on that given date and time, and ATC knows and agrees with you flying.. I think DJI needs to keep their nose out of it... There are several instances I might need to get a COA for flying inside that RED circle.. And if I can do it safely, and FAA approves of my COA, I don't understand why I would even need to inform, much less ask DJI to fly. I bought the product from them, didn't know it came with a babysitter!!!!!!

Other manufacturers are gonna get our business for the other drones we are ordering.. Just glad we did not purchase all 7 of them all at once!! LOL..

Make the DJI drone our last resort drone...

Yea..There customer service made me want to hang myself.MY path half in half out.Not commercial non profit org...dog gone..

Thank you very helpful.I have tried motors in different places hoping that it was a safety in software.The area is on the edge of yellow so I should be good.is it hard to switch off??

Would that be the inner edge or the outer edge of yellow? If you are on the inner edge, I would be fairly confident that its use is restricted by GEO locking. You should take it well away from the edge and do a test flight to make sure all is well. It just makes sense to get rid of that possibility as a variable.

Outside yellow ring.It did not show up on dji safe fly zone map.It is med private airport..Guess I will know for sure when I get there and turn bird on.There will probably be ten searchers waiting for the video feed...No pressure,also park rangers local animal control.All want to see If drones can actually help.So yea no biggie.lol

Fire it up inside in atti mode. If it comes on then you know it has something to do with geo fencing. If not, its something else.

Final
And it is phantom 3 standard.I use litchi app to preprogram search grids before I even get there.It is a marsh and I am using 100ft as my ceiling.also has argtek antenna.
FINALLY............ after 7 days we find out what product that you are talking about..
Remember... Garbage In = Garbage Out...

Jerry

Macro man....I did what you said to do. I got a winter jacket and a summer vest and put on them the lettering in red that said
"FAA Licensed Commercial Drone Operator". When I say your first post about doing this my was being made. Thanks for verification
that this was a great ides.

Reactions: macoman
Do not get one of these unless you want a permanent headache!
V 2y[ATTACHi
1497722344362.jpg
byhttp://=fkull]84081[/ATTACH]
Well, sorry you had all those problems. Hopefully when you get your copter back, it will redeem itself with reliable service.

I'm not sure what copter you have, but if it is one of the latest models with the GEO System, here is a map that will show the restrictions: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
The map key is below the map. Basically, if you plan to fly in a Red area, you will need to have this area unlocked by DJI. Typically, the Red areas are a one-mile ring around the airport. If you're in a Yellow area, you can unlock that yourself via the App.

Incidentally, if you attempt to take off while in a Red area that has not otherwise been unlocked, I believe the motors will not even start. I have never tried this, but that is how i understand it. Hopefully this was not the reason for your issues in the first place...

Ok..pay attention..suv forecast app is not accurate!!...I also use hover app and airmap app..Airmap is awesome! Hover is also good but I think my new go to is airmap..airmap and hover put me in no fly zone yellow.Use forecast says I'm outside the zone.glad I now have 4 different apps I check..Also try my radar app.Awesome live Doppler on your phone I use it when I do firework shows.Pay the extra for what extra info you want.Cost me about $5 usd a year.You can pick the Doppler radar closest to you.A must for everyone..I may just delete Uav forecast..The other apps fit the need better.Even gives you towers phone #..Airmap is like notam logs your drones registration # and you plot your courselves..tells you if it's clear and tells others you are using the space and how long..The Air space I will be on has red then Orange then yellow..I will be in yellow. will dj I phantom 3 standard let me fly??..Again ATC of the airport gives us thumbs up ..

My drone was fine. I had total confidence in it. Then I update the firmware. Big Mistake. Motors won't even turn on. DJI Go says some error. Restart drone. Now the error says send in to DJI for repair. Why? So they can put a new main board and motors in it and charge me god knows what. Why? Because the new flight restrictions and the new tolerances for engine power consumption are not compatible with the old stuff and they don't want to support 2 sets of firmware. So I rolled my drone and controller back one firmware. Drone flies great again! Then stupid me updated the dji go app on my phone. The app crashes with my drone out 500 meters. No video and no visual on the drone. I hit the home button and get the drone flying back to me. I know that this is no mistake. The app phoned home what I was doing with the firmware and now their app has limits set to it. I can fly my drone just fine with Litchi and I have many time this week. I was considering maybe buying Mavic and stepping up to the big boy league. Unfortunately DJI keeps giving me reasons to reconsider what to spend my thousands of dollars on.

Ok..pay attention..suv forecast app is not accurate!!...I also use hover app and airmap app..Airmap is awesome! Hover is also good but I think my new go to is airmap..airmap and hover put me in no fly zone yellow.Use forecast says I'm outside the zone.glad I now have 4 different apps I check..Also try my radar app.Awesome live Doppler on your phone I use it when I do firework shows.Pay the extra for what extra info you want.Cost me about $5 usd a year.You can pick the Doppler radar closest to you.A must for everyone..I may just delete Uav forecast..The other apps fit the need better.Even gives you towers phone #..Airmap is like notam logs your drones registration # and you plot your courselves..tells you if it's clear and tells others you are using the space and how long..The Air space I will be on has red then Orange then yellow..I will be in yellow. will dj I phantom 3 standard let me fly??..Again ATC of the airport gives us thumbs up ..

Good point. I might check this out! However, currently I use a really accurate forecasting method. I utilize the "wet finger in the air to test for wind speed. Check if the trees are bent over to the ground, or not ........ I also use the fairly old "Mark I, eyeball. The human brain can be an amazing thing for checking weather. It can also be a pain if it's in the wrong person and that person has no clue how to utilize it. It's easier for me because I live out in the country where we occasionally get a passing Air-Med helicopter. Everything else is flying above 12,000' on a Victor Highway.

Yea litchi is the only app I fly with.My phantom out of the box would get 300ft and return home would start because of signal loss.Really?? I have flown rc planes farther..So went for upgrade..Spent another $500.00 usd already. No we will not purchase dji for our next search drone.Call China for permission to fly when ATC already gave ok..Tell them what day..People could be drowning or an old confused person may have wandered off .Wait let's call China before we fly in airspace..Guess we can just blame it on terrorism like everything else..I know people are dumb and these safety precautions are made.But search and rescue turn it off permanently FAA has our registration..Calling about every flight we get ATC permission then call China??Should be special circumstances where it can be shut off..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164