Save yourself

Do not get one of these unless you want a permanent headache!

Your post is greatly appreciated. I was pretty much on the fence about getting 'one of these' - as you say - and I really could have gone either way. Your post served as my decision maker.

So, for now anyway, I will just keep my Phantom 4 and have a whole lot more fun flying it. Yeah, I know, it's not perfect, and there are a lot of moving parts - so to speak - and possible points of failure. And yes, I have had troubles with mine and had to send it in to DJI for repair. By far though, the positives that I have gained by being involved in this hobby greatly outweigh the negatives.

Only had it one week.No crashes no hard landing.Motors wouldn't start no updates required all green all calibrated.Had so called dji repair shop work on it.Not only did they not fix it but used propeller guard screws without guards.Let's just say nightmare.They Saud stock antenna broken $50.00 for new one.Gave them my argtek antenna I received in mail while they had drone.New motors New antenna still the same $250.00 later.Sent it to drone fly..I talked to them on phone and they seemed to know just what the problem is.Sad thing is I volunteer for dog gone and need my drone for a active case.Could have used all this money to repair it on extra batteries to get more search time.Lesson learned..Called dji customer support first..That,was activating hr I will nvr get back...Question??I have permission to fly in airport air space when I get drone back.It's an active search and the air traffic control people were so cooperative..Will the firmware stop me from taking off or prevent me from flying..?.

Well, sorry you had all those problems. Hopefully when you get your copter back, it will redeem itself with reliable service.

I'm not sure what copter you have, but if it is one of the latest models with the GEO System, here is a map that will show the restrictions: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
The map key is below the map. Basically, if you plan to fly in a Red area, you will need to have this area unlocked by DJI. Typically, the Red areas are a one-mile ring around the airport. If you're in a Yellow area, you can unlock that yourself via the App.

Incidentally, if you attempt to take off while in a Red area that has not otherwise been unlocked, I believe the motors will not even start. I have never tried this, but that is how i understand it. Hopefully this was not the reason for your issues in the first place...

Thank you very helpful.I have tried motors in different places hoping that it was a safety in software.The area is on the edge of yellow so I should be good.is it hard to switch off??

And it is phantom 3 standard.I use litchi app to preprogram search grids before I even get there.It is a marsh and I am using 100ft as my ceiling.also has argtek antenna.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl