Santa Cruz Coastal Views

Nice job! There's some particularly exceptional shots in there as well, like when you were tracking the surfer(s). You're doing very well with yaw control.

I really enjoyed your video. It's very professionally done. I especially like the scene where you followed the surfer. I was just there last weekend and made a video myself. I was thinking of starting my own thread and posting it, but it really isn't much compared to yours. I have my excuses. I have a P1 with a SJ1000 camera, no gimbal. So I have no fpv. I also don't have any professional software, just Windows Movie maker. Basically, my whole setup new today would cost less than $500. I didn't want to invest a lot of money in a hobby until I knew how much time I could devote and enjoyment I'd get. For these reasons my aerial footage is shaky and only rarely captures what I thought I was shooting. So I make my videos using stills from the footage I get and some footage from ground level. Even there, though, the camera's viewscreen is so dark that it's essentially useless in daylight. I don't even have fpv when I'm holding the camera. Still, I enjoyed making the video. It was really windy the day I shot it, so I had to use YouTube's stabilizer to reduce the shakiness of the Phantom footage, which means it lost HD. Enough excuses. Here's the video:

What a wonderful video. I grew up in the area and your film took me back to the late 60's. Surfing, hanging out at the Boardwalk, being young and having fun. Thanks for the memories!

Really great job. That reminds me, I have a hat from the surfer's museum that I haven't seen for a while. :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl