Samsung s7 edge

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this problem.
I bought a new phantom 4, I connect my Samsung to it, and when it is connected with the cable to the controller, it shuts my phone down and restarts it?? This happens constantly throughout yhe flight, and as you can imagine, makes it almost impossible to calibrate, or when you get past calibration, controlling the app DJI Go, is impossible when the phone keeps restarting.
Does anyone else have this problem?

I believe those phones were cut off by Samsung.

Have you looked at the DJI reviews on the app store. Full of Samsung phones not working

Neon Euc

My Samsung S7 was very unstable. The app crashed completely, 6 times in 5 minutes. If the app crashes while flying don't panic. Since the drone is in sight, just use the sticks and land it safely. You can fly the phantom without the DJI Go app, you just won't get a video downlink.

You might try the Litchi app. I tried that and it seemed ok. I ended up using an older Nexus 6 as my mobile device so I could use the DJI Go app.

I believe those phones were cut off by Samsung.

it was the note 7 not the edge 7

The edge has been out for almost a year at least.

I'm using an S7 with my newly acquired P4 and had it out twice so far with no problems. I also have an iPad Pro and intend to try that once I receive my new cable and hood.

Geo

My Samsung S7 was very unstable. The app crashed completely, 6 times in 5 minutes. If the app crashes while flying don't panic. Since the drone is in sight, just use the sticks and land it safely. You can fly the phantom without the DJI Go app, you just won't get a video downlink.

You might try the Litchi app. I tried that and it seemed ok. I ended up using an older Nexus 6 as my mobile device so I could use the DJI Go app.
Thanks hunterxero, good info, I will look into a tablet for it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks guys. Its weird, I took it out again, and it was a lot better this time. Never shut down once? I think I'll invest in a tablet for it all the same. I tried my kindle fire hd but I cannot seem to get the DJI go app for it. That would have been ideal.

I have an S7 edge and have the exact same problem as you, every time I opened the DJI app it crashed and restarted my phone! Luckily I have a nexus 7 tablet that works perfectly with it! (don't know why I didn't originally use this as the screen is much bigger and offers a much better flying experience!). Hopefully this gets fixed soon as I'm sure there are many disgruntled Samsung users that can't get out and fly!

It's a known issue with some Samsung phones. But hey, at least they aren't exploding.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing