RETURN TO HOME QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I hate most though is a tape measure that has both scales on it, because you can't turn it over and use it left handed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Bought one of those by accident at Lowes.
Returned it the next day for the same reason.
Who ever thought that was a good idea?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Bought one of those by accident at Lowes.
Returned it the next day for the same reason.
Who ever thought that was a good idea?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I know right? But... Unfortunately, sometimes it's necessary… On a commercial construction site you are scaling the plans in metric, but doing the physical work in Imperial. It's a nightmare…

I think Canadian's living near the border probably live in the worst place on the planet for mixing metric and US imperial. Sure sounds like it.

I think it was in forth grade for me back in the mid-seventies that I was introduced to and taught the metric system here in the US. I recall the teacher saying that it was going to be the 'new' system of measurements that we were going to be using, and I also recall thinking at the time how much sense that it really does make. I think that it is easier, but it is certainly not easier when there are two systems in place, and after that year, that's the last I heard of it in school.

My mother was born in Canada though, and we spent a good part of our summers there during that time, so if nothing else, I pretty much understood how much pop I was about to drink while sitting on the chesterfield with a serviette on my lap... I still love Canada!!

Reactions: BourgeoisSJC
I'm 6', 200lbs. I can put 2,600lbs in my 3/4 ton truck, and get about 15L/100km cruising at about 120km/h as long as I have the recommended 60psi in the front and 80psi in the rear tires.

My wife wants me to pick up a 4L bag of milk on the way home, which is about 5 miles from here. The bag is $4 but I only have US cash on me so that's about $3.10.

Gas is cheap today though so I'll stop on the way home... I'm pretty low so I'll get close to the 135L that fits in the truck but I brought two 5-gallon cans with me as well so that will cost me about...

No clue.

And that's a VERY real scenario.

What I hate most though is a tape measure that has both scales on it, because you can't turn it over and use it left handed.

OK, I'll be the pink elephant in the room, what is a "4L bag of milk"? I'll understand if you are converting liquid to powder.

OK, I'll be the pink elephant in the room, what is a "4L bag of milk"? I'll understand if you are converting liquid to powder.

[emoji38] I knew someone would bite on that one!!

That's how we buy milk in Canada... no jugs... bags!

6ba81266e416bfbeefcd704c8267d4ad.jpg

You get three of these in it!
93336fee75ddc03756c92a404162e251.jpg

Reactions: Thermographer
I get it now, you have to have the jugs already at home. Never fly here, we are far too lazy to do that in the US.

I get it now, you have to have the jugs already at home. Never fly here, we are far too lazy to do that in the US.

LOL I still get a kick out of us being known for milk bags... you get used to what you get used to and I've never known anything else!

Yes... you buy a pitcher once to put the bags in. And then you drink directly out of the bag and annoy your kids and then have to finish the whole bag because they won't touch it any more.

LOL I still get a kick out of us being known for milk bags... you get used to what you get used to and I've never known anything else!

Yes... you buy a pitcher once to put the bags in. And then you drink directly out of the bag and annoy your kids and then have to finish the whole bag because they won't touch it any more.

OK, I'll bite, are the pitchers sealed? Doesn't milk absorb the flavors around it?

OK, I'll bite, are the pitchers sealed? Doesn't milk absorb the flavors around it?

You mean after you snip the corner off the bag? No... once you snip the corner off, nothing seals it while it sits in the fridge.

You know, in my entire life I've never thought of that! No, I doesn't absorb smell or taste of anything, and it doesn't go bad... but yes the bag is open.

You've just singlehandedly thrown my entire milk drinking experience into turmoil.

Bags are mainly used in the uncivilized areas of Canada

Plastic jugs are common around here. When we get a chance we pop over the border to get milk for 1/2 the price we pay locally. Also fill up with gas at almost half the price too.

You mean after you snip the corner off the bag? No... once you snip the corner off, nothing seals it while it sits in the fridge.

You know, in my entire life I've never thought of that! No, I doesn't absorb smell or taste of anything, and it doesn't go bad... but yes the bag is open.

You've just singlehandedly thrown my entire milk drinking experience into turmoil.

Sorry, us barbarians require a jug with a cap... ;) Kind of like our Bourbon!

Reactions: jwmcgrath
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor