RETURN TO HOME QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I SET MY RETURN TO HOME ALTITUDE AT 120 FT BUT WHEN I USE THE RETURN TO HOME FEATURE THE AIRCRAFT RISES TO ALMOST 400 FT. BEFORE IT START TO DECENT AND RETURN HOME. ANY IDEAS ON WHAT I'M DOING WRONG ?

I SET MY RETURN TO HOME ALTITUDE AT 120 FT BUT WHEN I USE THE RETURN TO HOME FEATURE THE AIRCRAFT RISES TO ALMOST 400 FT.
It's a glitch that DJI have never corrected.
The RTH height is always in metres even if everything else is in feet.
The RTH setting is in metres and not feet. 120 mtrs is 360 feet.
120 metres = 393.7 ft.

They really should change that to be based on your measurement setting. I'm with tevek and guess metric as multiply or divide by 3 when I'm in a hurry.

I SET MY RETURN TO HOME ALTITUDE AT 120 FT BUT WHEN I USE THE RETURN TO HOME FEATURE THE AIRCRAFT RISES TO ALMOST 400 FT. BEFORE IT START TO DECENT AND RETURN HOME. ANY IDEAS ON WHAT I'M DOING WRONG ?

BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY SET THE RTH HEIGHT THINKING IT WAS IN FEET BUT ITS IN METRES AND 120 METRES IS 394 FEET

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If an error is to be made, I would rather set my RTH to 30 meters thinking it was feet rather than 30 feet thinking it was meters (in most cases). And I also think that we here in the USA need to learn to use the metric system.

If an error is to be made, I would rather set my RTH to 30 meters thinking it was feet rather than 30 feet thinking it was meters (in most cases). And I also think that we here in the USA need to learn to use the metric system.

It's no easier for us here in Canada being on the metric system but having a huge neighbour, trading partner and travel destination being on a different system!

Lucky (or not) that I was raised on one and converted to the other so I know both. But that's not always a blessing.

I was raised in the UK at the time they were trying to swap to metric, darn confusing times but I was thought metric and imperial in school, it's not like counting to 10 is hard ;)

Moved to the US in about 1990 and promptly went back to imperial but learned the US messed up pints somewhere along the way! Yeah an English guy totally can tell 16oz is not a pint when it comes to beer.

My problem with metric is estimating, I just can't estimate in metric no matter how I try.

I doubt the US will ever fully convert but a lot of products are now metric like cars for example. I solved the metric car issue with one of these, it does both ;)

Dewalt-Adjustable-Wrench-Set-DWHT75497-with-Dipped-Grips.jpg

When I was a schoolboy back in the 1960s we were told the "the USA is going to switch over to the metric system". Obviously that never happened. For years there were a few signs on the interstate that indicated distances in miles and kilometers, but I think those are all gone now.

OK, enough off-topic...back to RTH :^)

Moved to the US in about 1990 and promptly went back to imperial but learned the US messed up pints somewhere along the way! Yeah an English guy totally can tell 16oz is not a pint when it comes to beer.

My problem with metric is estimating, I just can't estimate in metric no matter how I try.
]

My head is a mess.

Height and weight, lbs and inches.
Fuel, litres. All other liquids, ounces.
Fuel consumption, was always MPG but not much choice to switch to L/100km
Distance, KM (actual), miles (slang)
Length, inches
Pressure, PSI
Nuts and bolts, 50/50

I need two complete sets of tools.

I'm in the construction industry... mechanical systems have gone metric, but material components are either imperial or split.

But best of all... WHY are there two different sizes of gallon... UK (and by extension CDN, and US?!) [emoji31]

I was raised in the UK at the time they were trying to swap to metric, darn confusing times but I was thought metric and imperial in school, it's not like counting to 10 is hard ;)

I doubt the US will ever fully convert but a lot of products are now metric like cars for example. I solved the metric car issue with one of these, it does both ;)

View attachment 77065
Whoah!!! Is that a metric crescent wrench? Where did you find that? I went in my local HW store the other day and the guy there said they only carry imperial. :(

I was using a metric tap and die set the other day and as always the allan key I needed to tighten the die in place was missing from the box. So I go to my tool chest and bring back a set of metric allan keys.. Which.... was of course the wrong choice, the allen bolt is imperial even though the kit is a metric only tap and die set!! SMH.

Reactions: Thermographer
I'm 6', 200lbs. I can put 2,600lbs in my 3/4 ton truck, and get about 15L/100km cruising at about 120km/h as long as I have the recommended 60psi in the front and 80psi in the rear tires.

My wife wants me to pick up a 4L bag of milk on the way home, which is about 5 miles from here. The bag is $4 but I only have US cash on me so that's about $3.10.

Gas is cheap today though so I'll stop on the way home... I'm pretty low so I'll get close to the 135L that fits in the truck but I brought two 5-gallon cans with me as well so that will cost me about...

No clue.

And that's a VERY real scenario.

What I hate most though is a tape measure that has both scales on it, because you can't turn it over and use it left handed.

Reactions: BourgeoisSJC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic