[RESOLVED] P4P firmware update causes no signal and other problems

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new here, and just wanted to pass on some information on a problem I've had with my new Phantom 4 Pro+ and how it was ultimately resolved. When I unboxed it, the app prompted me to update the firmware. I obliged. Oops!

The first problem was that the DJI Go 4 app kept crashing. Thanks to a YouTube video I found here, I was able to clear the data on the RC and get the app to not crash. Yay!.

Next up, the dreaded "No Signal" in the red panel in the app. The RC and P4 were connected, but the signal strength kept cutting out. It was suggested that I try unlinking, then relinking the RC. Oops! Couldn't get them to relink. Sat with customer support chat for about an hour, and was told to reset the RC. That worked.

But I still had the original problem of no signal. After going through all of the normal troubleshooting with customer support (relinking the RC and P4, resetting the RC, refreshing the latest firmware), I was told to send it in for repairs. I got angry and told the person that wasn't an option, and that I wanted to return it. After another 10 point volley, I was told that I could try downgrading from V01.04.0602 to V01.03.0509.

That worked!!!

I now have signal!

I hope this helps someone else who is currently struggling with this issue.

Welcome to the community Ryan,

The latest firmware is a bug riddled disaster from DJI, and your problems are extremely common amongst us P4P owners. You've done the right thing by downgrading to the previous firmware as its about the most stable thing I've seen them release since I've been a drone owner myself.

So, when my P4P arrives I up date, then immediately diwngrade?

I'll confirm this. I upgraded to latest firmware just to loose live video feed. After speaking with chat support they say send it back????? I sent a P3P unit back a couple of years ago and they kept it for 3 months! Not again I say. I downgraded the firmware using DJI Assistant Software 2 and comms return to normal. What's going on DJI? :(

I can't advise 100% on this but that's how mine ended up and I don't seem to have any issues at the moment from it

Thanks!! I did manage to also downgrade my RC one level. So, at least the aircraft and RC are at the same level. Of course, DJI GO 4 complains, but I don't let it bother me. Since I just got the P4 Pro, I've not flown with the previous firmware. Big flying day tomorrow with several Litchi waypoint missions. I have a short test mission just to be sure everything is working as it should. Really appreciate your help!!

I'll confirm this. I upgraded to latest firmware just to loose live video feed. After speaking with chat support they say send it back????? I sent a P3P unit back a couple of years ago and they kept it for 3 months! Not again I say. I downgraded the firmware using DJI Assistant Software 2 and comms return to normal. What's going on DJI? :(

Does any one have the answer? P4 updated to most recent firmware, but RC is screwed up with flashing red/green light and next to no video feed. How can I force a reload of firmware on RC?

Help,
Thanks

Does any one have the answer? P4 updated to most recent firmware, but RC is screwed up with flashing red/green light and next to no video feed. How can I force a reload of firmware on RC?

Help,
Thanks
you might just try re-linking the RC to the bird. The function is in the DJI GO 4 app. In setup, click the remote controller icon and select "Remote Controller Linking". Good luck!

15123429398841527219226.jpg
1512341817494-1418448827.jpg
Man I had to do manual re-link, I still can't conect app with me p4 with new playstore app 4.1.18 on me tab A,,when I press re-link in app it don't do nothing unsure what to do because it connects with old firmware which makes my $600 tab A useless, ,pretty good at sorting stuff out but this got me stumped.anyone else have the can't conect problem after new playstore app loaded,android version
1512341817494-1418448827.jpg
also got this which never seen before the top picture

Last edited by a moderator:
you might just try re-linking the RC to the bird. The function is in the DJI GO 4 app. In setup, click the remote controller icon and select "Remote Controller Linking". Good luck!
I did that with no problem. Remote controls vehicle fine, but no video feed. Camera still sends ahi

I did that with no problem. Remote controls vehicle fine, but no video feed. Camera still sends ahi
Did you have a look in your chanel settings and try another ,,transmission settings under HD I think,change to custom instead of auto

Help,
Thanks
Here as a light chart,,unsure on the tecnich of rc reload but I just read it somewhere yesterday I find it and post if no one else does
1512355281869452260722.jpg

I got the light blue light, but reloaded DJGO4 will not pull up update; Also unable to access Custom video downlink settings

I got the light blue light, but reloaded DJGO4 will not pull up update; Also unable to access Custom video downlink settings
Check developer options is on ,on home page where you sign out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka