Resetting home point in flight

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up a question that has probably already been answered, but do you have to have the S2 switch active in assistant software for the resetting of home point, I just don't have any use for the ioc features. And just to be clear I flip the switch between middle and bottom position 5-7 times rapidly or top to bottom position 5-7 times?
jasonb777

Resetting Home Point via S2 is known to work in NAZA mode. I am running in NAZA mode (3.0 firmware) with IOC enabled. I have never tried resetting the Home Point without IOC enabled so you will need to test whether you need to toggle S2 pos 2-3, or if doing 1-3 will work as you have IOC disabled.

A couple of users running in Vision mode reported resetting Home Point via S2 toggle was NOT working for them. I am unsure if this applies across the board for those operating in Vision mode, or if only these specific users were having an issue?

thanks dirty bird, I am in naza mode and I tried flippping the S2 switch today from top to bottom back to top 5 times and I had no success. My S2 switch was disabled though which is why I assume it didn't work. In the manual it says to flip the switch from top to bottom 5 times or more. Has to enabled obviously. Anyways what light pattern do you see when you have a lock?

When you successfully reset in flight, the rear LEDs will do the rapid green sequence like they do when you power on and get your initial lock. I think that's what you were asking?

I just recently started setting my home point at 100 ft altitude. It is the best thing, ever. It's part of my flight checklist now. No more close calls with trees on the return home. She just comes back and hovers for me at 160 ft.

so when you reset your home point by switching S2 from pos 2-3 five times... see the green lights to verify.. fly her out a couple hundred feet, initiate RTH by flipping S1 to failsafe... will the bird simply return to the new home point and remain at a hover indefinitely? or will it hover for 15 seconds and then descend and land? Thanks.

sidebox said:
I just recently started setting my home point at 100 ft altitude. It is the best thing, ever. It's part of my flight checklist now. No more close calls with trees on the return home. She just comes back and hovers for me at 160 ft.

before you start relying on it better double check it in open area.
Last time I tried to reset home position at 50m altitude then took it near the ground and triggered RTH it only went up by 20m from the ground and returned to recorded point.

Its always a good idea to test that your new Home Point altitude has properly set. Best way is just trigger a RTH as soon as you set it. If it was successful, you will see the Phantom climb an additional 20 meters, hover, and then begin to land. Assuming you are higher than 20 m, you will know it was successful when you see it begin to climb.

Today I attempted the resetting of home point in flight and it will not work for some reason. I have the S2 switch enabled and I tried flipping the switch from top to bottom position 5 times and retried 5 more times with no success. Im flipping the switch rapidly and leaving it in the top position, what am I doing wrong??????

The method to reset the home point depends on the FC mode. In Phantom mode, it is achieved by flipping S2 five or more times from upper to lower position. In Naza mode it requires flipping S2 three or more times between the middle and lower position (CL - HL).

Reading the manual really does seem to be a lost art.

I have read the manual and on page 26 it does not say to flip the switch from middle to bottom, it tells you how to in phantom mode but not naza mode, maybe I missed it on another page? Not a noobie friend been flying 6ch helis for 4 years, anyhow do you stop at top position after flipping the switch?

I am not sure it matters what positions you flip from. As it can be from top to bottom five times.

Just to double check. You have changed the aircraft to NAZA-M mode and you ALSO have went in and checked the box to enable IOC?

You need to enable IOC after switching to to NAZA mode. I honestly don't know if the reset home will work without checking that box, but I suspect it will not.

rrmccabe said:
I am not sure it matters what positions you flip from. As it can be from top to bottom five times.

Just to double check. You have changed the aircraft to NAZA-M mode and you ALSO have went in and checked the box to enable IOC?

You need to enable IOC after switching to to NAZA mode. I honestly don't know if the reset home will work without checking that box, but I suspect it will not.

Yes - it does matter which positions you flip between. In Naza mode (IOC on), flipping between OFF and CL resets course lock heading, while flipping between CL and HL resets home point. For instructions on Naza mode you have to consult the Naza user manual or quick start manual.

Home point reset works even in Phantom mode (no IOC) and requires flipping from top to bottom.

Yea I just learned this in another thread :)

Thanks again. And still thinking top to bottom resets both and plan to test.

Sar104 I never recieved a naza user manual in my box, so that explains why this is news to me, I will have to find a download in the meantime. My question is still do you toggle between cl and hl and leave it in middle position or do you rapidly flip between cl and hl and return to TOP POSITION AT THE END of the sequence?

This is what I have been using.

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... .24_en.pdf

SAR104 knows way more than I do :) but pretty sure he is going to tell you that you end put the switch when you are done with the rapid switching (reset) to whatever mode you want to operate in !

And Jason you dont get a rapid light flash after flipping back and forth? And did you have GPS lock to start? Just curios.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl