Resetting the Home point on PV2+ v3

Hey Pete. I tried resetting the the RTH altitude and 60' was the lowest I could. I think that is pretty close to your 20m. On the DHP make sure you have GPS on your device and Location is on. I just check it by flipping S2 to HL and pulling back on the right stick. It should come to you. Easier than going into failsafe. Also look for the green ring around the radar icon. If its not green, then its not funtioning. And yeah in Phantom mode resetting HP is toggling S2 top to bottom, and that did work for me, although I haven't been in Phantom mode in a few months. Maybe I should try it and see if it still does work. But Naza is exactly like the post you paisted. HL, toggle between CL and HL 5+x, and CL Off to CL 5+x. I guess we have the procedure, but it does not work. Well at least most of the time it doesn't. Every now and the it will. 1 out of 10x maybe. I'm just afraid I will wear out the S2 switch. lol. Maybe its the software and the next update will fix it. IDK.Just going to live without it for now. But am seriously concidering the Litchi App. Guess that would solve it. My main interest for wanting to reset HP is POI. And that still requires rotating or yawing the quad manually. With the Litchi I think the camera will stay on the POI.
Hey where are you anyway? I am in Idaho. Some beautiful scenery here for sure.
Regards
Jack
Hi Jack,
Yeah, when I tried DHL, HL was working and the radar circle was green. Need to keep trying all these functions :) . Of course the other variable in this is the smartphone. It's great when it all works, but I've seen too many instances over the years where you can have two identical setups, regardless of what they are, where you've got the same hardware, software, firmware etc. etc., one works and the other doesn't. Frustrating but that's the world of digital electronics :) . By way of example, when I change the battery on the PV, I switch on, the PV goes through the correct boot up process, ending with flashing green LED. Sometimes the smartphone shows a clear camera view, other times it still tells me the connection is still broken. Do a CLC, the props spin up and the connection message clears :) .
This is the first forum I've ever joined, so am still finding my way round this and uploading vids to You tube etc, so I was glad when you added App to Litchi. I'd seen the word in a previous reply but didn't have a clue what it was ... now I do :). Certainly worth considering.
I live in Berkshire, UK. It's pretty boring round here, a few small bumps on the landscape :), that's why I really enjoyed the chance to get vids with the PV in Wales a month or so back, mountains, rivers, pine trees ... Ahhhh bliss :) .
Take care for now,

BRs Pete

Reactions: nynelyvz
I haven't flown the P2 in a while and memory doesn't serve me well.
I know since the DHP firmware was released, toggling HL will NOT work. if you want HL via the S2 switch, turn off DHP in the vision app.

Resetting CL should still work. Just flick S2 from mid to bottom X 5 rapidly.
And yes, if phantom is 10m within home point, HL will switch to CL. This is why the phantom will suddenly change course/flight direction.

And to clarify a few things with DHP.
YELLOW(ORANGE) ring around the radar = DHP enabled but not locked to your device.
You need to enable the GPS on your flight smart/phone/device. When the ring = GREEN around the radar then DHP is working. To double check, swipe to Ground Station and start walking. You will notice the Home Point changing every second or so.

Have fun!

Reactions: pelwitz
I know since the DHP firmware was released, toggling HL will NOT work. if you want HL via the S2 switch, turn off DHP in the vision app.

And yes, if phantom is 10m within home point, HL will switch to CL. This is why the phantom will suddenly change course/flight direction.

YELLOW(ORANGE) ring around the radar = DHP enabled but not locked to your device.
You need to enable the GPS on your flight smart/phone/device. When the ring = GREEN around the radar then DHP is working. To double check, swipe to Ground Station and start walking. You will notice the Home Point changing every second or so.

Have fun!
Oh ok. Checking DHP in GS. Never tried that, but I will next time out. Good info. But on resetting HP. I do make sure DHP is off. And I think its HL reset that is supposed to work toggling S2 mid to bottom and CL Off to mid. Thats my understanding anyway.
Thanks
Jack

Have fun!
Many thanks for the info. Likewise I never thought to check DHP in GS. Looks like we might have a decent weekend weather wise, so will check all these things out again. Need to get as much flying time in now the nights are drawing in and we get back to windy conditions :) .
Take care,

BRs Pete

Oh ok. Checking DHP in GS. Never tried that, but I will next time out. Good info. But on resetting HP. I do make sure DHP is off. And I think its HL reset that is supposed to work toggling S2 mid to bottom and CL Off to mid. Thats my understanding anyway.
Thanks
Jack
Hey Jack,
YeeeeeHaaaa! :) ... got it to work in HL and CL yesterday. DHP and GS off. When hovering, pointed the PV in the new direction I wanted for CL. Toggled s2 from off to CL 5 times. After about a second the Green/ Yellew ( look the same to me :) ) LEDs fast flash 10/ 20 times to confirm the new CL direction. The only additional info I can give is I toggled s2 5 times over about a 2-3 second period. That seemed to work consistently. Occasionally it didn't work, but I reckon that was due to me either not toggling at a constant rate or not quite making one of the switch positions.

Same procedure for HL, but starting with s2 in CL and toggling down to HL 5 times ending with the switch in the CL position. I did try starting in the HL position and toggling up to CL and that seemed to work as well. Changed the battery 3 times while out flying and CL and HL worked every time.

OK, I'm not going to get too excited ... that was yesterday :). Let see if it still works today if I get the chance.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend

BRs Pete :)

Great news Pete. I know I have DHP off. Not sure about GS. I will have to try that. Tempermental for sure, aren't these? lol
Thanks for the up date.
jack

Reactions: pelwitz
Great news Pete. I know I have DHP off. Not sure about GS. I will have to try that. Tempermental for sure, aren't these? lol
Thanks for the up date.
jack
Hi Jack,
Hope you've had a good week. Checked her out again this weekend and HL, CL and DHP all worked fine. Occasionally HL and CL didn't work first time, but I put that down to not making the switch position correctly when toggling. Toggling 6-7 times seem to do the trick.

With the nights drawing in so early now, week day evening flying seems to be out, leaving just the weekends .... wind permitting :) .

Have a good one,

BRs Pete

Hey Pete,
I got so tired of flipping the switch I got the Litchi app. For me anyway, it's great. Just touch the screen where you want a new HP. Done. Even if the S2 worked well for me, you still have to fly over the spot you want the HP. Not with Litchi. Bit more info on the screen, but the concept is the same so very easy to figure out. The GS is very similar in setting up but easier to set parameters, and has banked turns which are better for video. Although I don't use that too much. My whole reason for HP reset was for shooting POI. But still couldn't set distance from point and had to constantly rotate the quad while circling to keep the POI in frame. Not with Litchi. Tap the screen where the POI is , set some parameters and hit go. Takes about a 1/4 circle for it to dial itself in, but works good. It also has verbal warnings, especially if the Sats drop below 6. Or whatever you set. Now I have to figure out how to change the CL. Guess keep flipping for that one. lol
Have a good one.
Jack

Hey Pete,
I got so tired of flipping the switch I got the Litchi app. For me anyway, it's great. Just touch the screen where you want a new HP. Done. Even if the S2 worked well for me, you still have to fly over the spot you want the HP. Not with Litchi. Bit more info on the screen, but the concept is the same so very easy to figure out. The GS is very similar in setting up but easier to set parameters, and has banked turns which are better for video. Although I don't use that too much. My whole reason for HP reset was for shooting POI. But still couldn't set distance from point and had to constantly rotate the quad while circling to keep the POI in frame. Not with Litchi. Tap the screen where the POI is , set some parameters and hit go. Takes about a 1/4 circle for it to dial itself in, but works good. It also has verbal warnings, especially if the Sats drop below 6. Or whatever you set. Now I have to figure out how to change the CL. Guess keep flipping for that one. lol
Have a good one.
Jack
Hi Jack,
Thanks for the update. Sounds good. I like the idea of the verbal warnings as well. Not sure if you'd seen one of my earlier threads were I tried to reset the HP while walking across a field. Was just about to land at my new position when a low battery put her in fail safe and sent her back to the original HP, but now there were some 90' trees in the flight path. Had I realized then, I could have flipped her into atti and taken control, but instead I had to watch her chop up some leaves and branches and fall 66' to the ground:(. Fortunately she shot straight back up to 66' and made a controlled landing with minimal damage. The point being that if the DJI audio warning had come on during the 10sec fail safe count down the problem would have been avoided. I've lived, I've learnt and I know better ... now :) .
Since you'd mentioned it, I've also been toying with the idea of getting litchi as well. No harm in trying and as you say the POI manoeuvre is not easy to do manually. Keep me posted as to how you get on with the app.

Take care for now

Hi Jack,
Thanks for the update. Sounds good. I like the idea of the verbal warnings as well. Not sure if you'd seen one of my earlier threads were I tried to reset the HP while walking across a field. Was just about to land at my new position when a low battery put her in fail safe and sent her back to the original HP, but now there were some 90' trees in the flight path. Had I realized then, I could have flipped her into atti and taken control, but instead I had to watch her chop up some leaves and branches and fall 66' to the ground:(. Fortunately she shot straight back up to 66' and made a controlled landing with minimal damage. The point being that if the DJI audio warning had come on during the 10sec fail safe count down the problem would have been avoided. I've lived, I've learnt and I know better ... now :) .
Since you'd mentioned it, I've also been toying with the idea of getting litchi as well. No harm in trying and as you say the POI manoeuvre is not easy to do manually. Keep me posted as to how you get on with the app.

Take care for now

Hey Pete,
Yeah I did see your earlier post. Could also flip the S1 to Atti and back to GPS and it would stop and hover and you would then have control and more stability then Atti as far as maintaining position. As for Litchi, I really like it. A bit of an issue with the FPV screen freezing. Sometimes I have to close it, go to DJI app, close it then back to Litchi and its fine. That is occationally though. I set the Camera preview in the settings to 320x240 15 fps, Airplane Mode and I clear the Cache for DJI and Litchi app when I'm done and that seemed to really help. Not sure which of these helped the most, but it did, I'm going to try 320x240 30 fps next and proceed up to see what happens. Very easy to use. If you have the DJI app down pretty good, you'll figure it out quick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav