Replacement P2V Camera Pitch Servo

Reaction score
I've been reading posts on phantompilots but there is no answer about a replacement servo for the FC200 Camera on the P2V.

Does anyone know of one. I read elsewhere on the the net a HiTec 5055 MG will work. It's about 15 bucks from Amainhobbies. Anyone try the 5055MG?

The key thing is that the servo needs a 15 tooth spline to mate with the plastic insert in the camera casing. See this page about Futaba splines: https://www.servocity.com/html/futaba_s ... Hz2tSdvn-I

The page implies the Futaba S3111, S3114 and S3154 would do. It looks like the Hitec 5055MG will work, but so will the Hitec HS-55 I think.

You will have to cut the brackets off the servo so it will fit in the housing (DJI does that too).

MrFlats said:
I've been reading posts on phantompilots but there is no answer about a replacement servo for the FC200 Camera on the P2V.

Does anyone know of one. I read elsewhere on the the net a HiTec 5055 MG will work. It's about 15 bucks from Amainhobbies. Anyone try the 5055MG?
From pictures below: Is the server that goes in this holder for the P2V camera what you are looking for or something different?

Attachments

• 100_0105.JPG
    100_0105.JPG
    385.1 KB · Views: 954
  • 100_0106.JPG
    100_0106.JPG
    299 KB · Views: 1,067
Reactions: dirkclod
No answer from MrFlats since first question. Must not be around any more.

Well if you had come back I could have sold you one. Would have saved you a lot of looking.

MrFlats said:
I'm still here, what I miss? Oh the pitch servo. Here are my videos on replacing it. Not much if any info is out there on this topic so I figured it out on my own.

Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMi9t0D567k

Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyEMmC8BAbM

Happy Flying.

Great videos!

The camera of my Phantom 2 vision don´t move anymore. How can I test the servomotor?

When the servo and the camera are disassembled, and when I turn on the remote and the PH2V, the servo doesn´t work.

Thank you by advance

Reactions: MrFlats
MrFlats,
Found time to watch part 1 & 2 of your videos. That was a lot of work getting that servo to fit in your camera. Good thing the two items you did purchase did not cost a great amount of money. As for how much noise the servo makes, why care. There is no mic and with the motors running, you are never going to hear it. Nice you did get it to work and your new servo moves your camera faster, but as stated before, I could have saved you a few bucks and one heck of a lot of work.

MonsieurAnon said:
I often discharge batterys in my home office. The servo noise annoys me enough that I disassemble the FC200 before doing so.
:shock:

Well if you had come back I could have sold you one. Would have saved you a lot of looking.

Ok, what do you have and how much? Are you in the USA? Looking around wasn't much work. The point is users have another option to fix. What I would really like is a 2 or 3 axis gimbal for my camera. Can you help there?

Parts I had are gone.
As for gimbal you should look into the RPG. They work great.

Yes I used that as a replacement servo to the stock. If you need one I can hook ya up.

I have the HiTec 5055mg servo. Virtually a perfect fit once the ears are removed. Servo tape and a little filing makes it perfect.
But!
The DJI connector and the servo wires have me totally at a stand still. I figure it would be better to destroy the servo connector than the DJI connector. So do you have a wire schematic for connecting the servo to the DJI? And since these are DC motors could you not just swap a wire to reverse movement?
It would be so much easier if someone had a bad DJI servo so I could cut and solder the plug. Anyone? Will buy it just for the harness.

I just replaced mine. Mine came with wiring that was not plug and play as discussed. After a lot of calibrating I finally got it working. How many wires do you need to hook up for it to be fully functional? I had to hook up 3. One pitch wire then the electrical. I extended the factory camera wire buy cutting and soldering it half way down the leg. Is this about what you are looking at. If so I promise these pictures will help. You need to get a gimbal calibration program.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442734185.629859.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442734212.276476.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442734224.211208.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl