Remote Won't Power Up?

Reaction score
Despite being fully charged, my transmitter no longer powers up. And before you ask, yes, I press and hold the power button until the LED indicates it's on. I've owned my 4K for only two short months, and have barely even flown it. I've never dropped anything, and have taken immaculate care of my bird/transmitter.

* Update. I was able to turn in on. However, something is definitely a bit corky with the transmitter. Has anyone experienced this?

Last edited:
Maybe the battery inside is dead. Screw the controller open and check the connector / Re-attached it. If that won't work you can buy a 18650 battery and solder some wires to them.

Or just send him to DJI ;)

Open controller and measure voltage from 18650 lipo battery. Replace if needed. Voltage should be 3.5-4.25 volts. If lower than 2.85, replace.

I had the same problem when I charge on the same sector my drone battery and mc rc. The rc battery has overheat. Never charge it on the same sector.. However, I'm go back to the store and tell them the RC has never turn on.. But I bought my drone only few hours before.

Yesterday, my Remote didn't power up. I thought the battery was depleted and charged fully for few hours until it the charging LEDs were off. Still didn't power up no matter how you press the power buttons. I barely used the drone like less than 50 flights. I already got P3A repaired by DJI and now this within 6 weeks. What the hell? These are not cheap toys. Where is the quality control?

Update: Sent to DJI. They said it's working fine and nothing wrong with it. Still in the return mail. I hope this won't happen again. I hate these situations where it doesn't work and you show it to someone and it works again. When they leave it doesn't work again :(

@PlanetPapi,
Give us an update when you get it back and which Std Model?

Rod

I have the same problem with my P3 4K. It started about 2 months ago. I finally figured out if I pushed on the upper left corner of the button it would power up. Also have to push same place to power down. I've come to the conclusion it has to be a problem with the button on mine anyway. I'm gonna' send my back in this winter when the weather gets to bad to fly.

It seemed working alright for now. I just flew yesterday and no issues with powering up. I can not guarantee when it's going to act up again. I will keep posted if it does.

Hard to believe I created this post all the way back in August. Anyhow, my P3 4K transmitter has since been just fine. I guess it was just some corky little button issue as the equipment broke in.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl