Remote Signal Repeaters

Reaction score
Has anyone considered the idea of developing or using Remote Signal Repeaters for UA operations?

I know little about the Signal System UAS use, but I'm sure this could be put together.

The ability to repeat the UA Signals and setup a boosted or supported RF perimeter around the shoot location or along the flight path of a UA shoot would mean the near elimination of UAV Signal Disconnections from Extended Range Operations and RFI issues.

Tripod mounted.
Cisco WiFi WAP (set to Repeater Mode).
Raspberry Pi Computer (Network Controller/Translator).
Battery System W/ Solar Charger.

View media item 1540
UAV/UAS Signal Repeater System

Last edited:
Since I've been droning for the last 2 weeks now, I've been thinking about the same thing. Your illustration wasn't what I was thinking but it is probably better and easier for some techy to conjure up. I was thinking of something aerial like a hovering drone in the area with the repeater attached. It would be like a low-flying telecom satellite.

Since I've been droning for the last 2 weeks now, I've been thinking about the same thing. Your illustration wasn't what I was thinking but it is probably better and easier for some techy to conjure up. I was thinking of something aerial like a hovering drone in the area with the repeater attached. It would be like a low-flying telecom satellite.

That was my original thought, along with a floating (raft-style) model for over-water flights; they would have a landing pad with extended catch net over the sides and motors controlled by the same GPS location system drones use to keep the repeater raft in place that could double as an emergency LZ.

It sparked the thought of one in flight thta would also have a high-efficiency solar shell to maintain a longer flight time.

The battery is currently the limiting factor with current antenna/amp tech.
Solar augmentation is a pipe-dream.

The battery is currently the limiting factor with current antenna/amp tech.
Solar augmentation is a pipe-dream.

Naturally, the battery would be its ultimate limiting factor, as with the UA.

The use of Solar is meant to be as Supplemental Power, not as the Source. Extending the battery life by supplementing the supply of power.

It has been discussed here many, many, times.
If you search the site you can find these threads.
Solar is not a viable option.

It has been discussed here many, many, times.
If you search the site you can find these threads.
Solar is not a viable option.

Your vision is evidently unparalleled here.
#DesignWithoutLimitations #ig

You can keep your snide remarks to yourself.
I offered you advice to search the site for the previous threads where NUMEROUS members have weighed in and analyzed (done the math) the ideas... not my 'vision'.

First off... welcome to the forum.
Secondly... lets everyone lighten up a bit. We would prefer the members her get along and be respectful to each other.

Anyways... There is a commercial venture that has a portable, even second Phantom mountable solution. Search RedBird on here. ;)

First off... welcome to the forum.
Secondly... lets everyone lighten up a bit. We would prefer the members her get along and be respectful to each other.

Anyways... There is a commercial venture that has a portable, even second Phantom mountable solution. Search RedBird on here. ;)
The RedBird setup doesn’t work with phantom 4s. I spoke to the guy who makes em, he’s says the encryption is the problem, which I don’t understand because it seems like it should be able to just repeat the encrypted signal, but idk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan