DJI Phantom VISION System Announced

hotshotsworldwide said:
The OS iphone system is all fine and dandy when you have wireless internet but i enjoy taking mine out into the sticks where there is no internet so out there it is useless as tits on a bull.
From what I understand, it generates its own wifi (like the GoPro) so no internet or cell signal is needed.

Darrell1 said:
hotshotsworldwide said:
The OS iphone system is all fine and dandy when you have wireless internet but i enjoy taking mine out into the sticks where there is no internet so out there it is useless as tits on a bull.
From what I understand, it generates its own wifi (like the GoPro) so no internet or cell signal is needed.

Correct, doesn't matter where you take it. No internet connection / signal is needed.

Buk said:
Was there a third-party FPV on the first Phantom with the white SpiroNet antenna?
At 3:16, he takes the white box, probably a range extender repeater, out of the case and turns it on.
Wonder what capacity memory card it uses, 32 or 64?
Larger battery…woohoo
No prop nuts...woohoo

Unlike Colin, with all that multi-tasking, I'd never leave GPS mode !!

One of the Phantoms was running DJI's own 5.8GHZ Video downlink.

Of course, for all of us this is great news- I'll put my order in as soon as it comes in, even though I've just bought the ordinary Phantom, which I already use extensively with my GoPro.

Trouble is, Al-Qaeda is also excited. I guarantee with the mass availability of precision-flying drones- now equipped with real time video, so you can fly exactly to any target you want- it won't be long before terrorists realize they can nicely deliver a couple of hundred grams of SEMTEX or worse, some sort of biological agents, precisely to where they would do the most damage.

The FAA has released various discussion papers on this matter; here is one http://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/ua ... ce_uas.pdf

I believe the intent is to have appropriate regulations in-place by 2015- my guess is that they'll have to act faster.

FrankB said:
Of course, for all of us this is great news- I'll put my order in as soon as it comes in, even though I've just bought the ordinary Phantom, which I already use extensively with my GoPro.

Trouble is, Al-Qaeda is also excited. I guarantee with the mass availability of precision-flying drones- now equipped with real time video, so you can fly exactly to any target you want- it won't be long before terrorists realize they can nicely deliver a couple of hundred grams of SEMTEX or worse, some sort of biological agents, precisely to where they would do the most damage.

The FAA has released various discussion papers on this matter; here is one http://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/ua ... ce_uas.pdf

I believe the intent is to have appropriate regulations in-place by 2015- my guess is that they'll have to act faster.

This was already possible for people in the RC world..

FrankB said:

Ahh, but some of us have been piloting precision-flying RC aircraft for years. But if you call it a "drone" it really sounds frightening and much more threatening than a little ol' model plane, doesn't it?

GoodnNuff said:
Ahh, but some of us have been piloting precision-flying RC aircraft for years. But if you call it a "drone" it really sounds frightening and much more threatening than a little ol' model plane, doesn't it?

True that.

drone!!!

I just got the chills.. hang on gotta do it again.

DRONE!!!

Oh Ya GoT tHe ChIlLiS aGaIn.

mercillus said:
GoodnNuff said:

True that.

drone!!!

I just got the chills.. hang on gotta do it again.

DRONE!!!

Oh Ya GoT tHe ChIlLiS aGaIn.

See, I told ya!

I swear I've seen some reporters almost shudder in fear when they say "drone" in front of a camera...

I can see it now- President Obama is at a meeting of the Housemaids of America convention when a little white quadcopter with its lights flashing comes buzzing into the room and flies over and hovers just above his head. Suddenly, a small projector lens comes out and flashes a big image of **** Cheney on the wall behind him!

I know, I know- the kids are going to have nightmares.

FPV Question

Hi

Im on a waiting list for the Phantom and new Gimbal. Im a cameraman and my plan is to have it in the boot of the car and pull it out when needed for some quick aerial shots.Well thats what i told my wife anyway, I just want the cool toy really! Can anyone recommend a soiled FPV System that works well with the phantom.Is the Fat sShark any use? I think id rather a monitor attached to the controller.

cheers

Phil

Ive been patiently waiting for the release of the Vision, I emailed DJI Yesterday 08-07-13, got a reply this morning on the 8th, they only said to wait for the announcement and that it will be released soon, was expecting a time frame really, but, thats all I got. Better than no reply I suppose.

Cant wait to see some of the Youtube videos of the Visions camera action, and how people like or dislike it, this should be interesting.

Me too still holding back as I want a vision as well thought it was going to be out by end of July arrrr
Also does the vision have sd card slot on it to insert memory cards ???

Iceman said:
Also does the vision have sd card slot on it to insert memory cards ???

I saw a DJI video that showed the inserting a memory card into the vision camera.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I saw in the youtube video the Vision is strictly to use with the iPhone. Is that correct?

Tom

Carr52 said:
From what I saw in the youtube video the Vision is strictly to use with the iPhone. Is that correct?

Tom

I don't believe this is correct Tom. You may be able to configure settings via a bluetooth connection and iphone/ipad/android device if they include the new bluetooth features, but other than that you won't be using any kind of mobile device to control the phantom. I also believe that they are using 2.4ghz to control video and 5.8ghz to control quad, so essentially you could use mobile device to watch video (albeit a bit delayed I assume) and not have the conflicting 2.4ghz wifi and Phantom controller issues of the current Phantom offering. That actually could offer a lot of neat options IMO, I am betting this new Vision will be another winner.

Adam said:
If the Phantom Vision provides a live FPV downlink to your iPhone or iPad, how cool would it be if you could share that live feed real time? Your iPhone or iPad could broadcast your FPV stream over the net using LTE or WiFi live, to a special DJI live camera site, or to a partner like USTREAM.

How cool would that be?

Next mid-east government overthrow? Launch a few Phantom Visions and broadcast it live for the world to see.

Hi. How can I broadcast FPV video on the net? I have a USTREAM account, but besides the native smartphone camera, I don't see how to broadcast.

Any ideas?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31