REMOTE CONTROLL WON'T TURN ON!!!!!

Reactions: Ohary
I can't get the sticks to calibrate and the controller continuously beeps and does not bind with the bird.
FYI that many people overlook the scroll wheels when doing the RC calibration and that causes the calibration to not complete successfully.

Do you know how to solve my problem? (The one indicated on the subject of this page)
If your problem is exactly the same as the OP's, you should contact DJI Support for help.

Yes, it's compatible.

I would say it's not only compatible, Ph3 Pro and Ph3 Adv have exactly the same controllers. Both hardware and software.
Same goes to the drone body - everything is identical. They only differ in camera and charger. And the sticker at front.

I would say it's not only compatible, Ph3 Pro and Ph3 Adv have exactly the same controllers. Both hardware and software.
Same goes to the drone body - everything is identical. They only differ in camera and charger. And the sticker at front.

I start a losing hope :'( typing 300$ for a new controller is hard

I had a similar issue. I had to open the controller (somewhat difficult as the screws are hidden behind the bottom rubber pads, and you also have to remove the USB ribbon cable on the rear of the controller). When you access the lipo battery, make sure the connection is secure. That was my problem. But my issue is now a little more complicated. It seems I can't get the sticks to calibrate and the controller continuously beeps and does not bind with the bird. Somewhat off topic, but does anyone know if the P3P remote is compatible with a P3A bird?
Two time had the stick calibration issue.
1) There was some wiring that was touching a stick in the back and this make the stick don't come back to really zero. So the remote was beeping at power-up. Had to open the RC again and move the wiring.
2) During the calibration it was possible to press ok to finish the calibration even if you didn't move all stick (including the wheel for the gimbal). Using IOS or Android (just the not the same as first, I don't remember which one), the OK button stays greyed until all are move. Only after that I figured I forgot the gimbal wheel.

I'm having this exact same issue. Did you find a solution?
Currently not, but I was on leaving for vacation so I picked another RC. I have to check more in details now as all what I found on google didn't work.

Omg I finally find the solution, thanks to the support they have asked me to do this:
- Press and hold the C1 button and the shutter, then press the ignition button
- Repeat this step a second time - When the status LED on the remote control will blink white, install your device (smartphone or compatible tablet) on the remote control, and then update the firmware of the radio control again
- After the update is complete, restart the radio control. If the charge level of the battery is insufficient, we advise you to charge it beforehand. Be sure to disconnect the radio control as soon as it is fully charged

Just want to add, a chap who does the repairs for some of the UK companies has seen a lot of failed remotes after doing the FW upgrade, all with the same problem of not powering on, he cant find a solution, if the unit is under warranty then speak too DJI otherwise your only option is to buy a replacement

Reactions: crbarros
Omg I finally find the solution, thanks to the support they have asked me to do this:
- Repeat this step a second time - When the status LED on the remote control will blink white, install your device (smartphone or compatible tablet) on the remote control, and then update the firmware of the radio control again
- After the update is complete, restart the radio control. If the charge level of the battery is insufficient, we advise you to charge it beforehand. Be sure to disconnect the radio control as soon as it is fully charged
Thanks for the tip.
I had seen a lot of way to reset the RC after an upgrade failure, most using a more complicated selection of buttons, but this is the first one that bring some change in the status lamps and show it is not totally bricked.
The combination of C1 / shutter plus power button seems to at least turn on/off the unit. Now I can see on battery LEDs its level and charge progress. It is detected by a tablet (tried android and ios) but the upgrade fails at 0% after the status LED becomes blue and start beeping. Then it turn just off and is back to the original state.
At least it is a big step ahead and hope remains.
EDIT: My status LED color is somehow between green and blue and the RC is GL300C, no way to use USB stick to upgrade the firmware. Time to read the firmware upgrade manual for alternatives.

Last edited:
BINGO, a blue light with a lot of beep, so nice sound this time, the horrible upgrade beeping this time is so good to hear.
Unfortunately it was a so long process that I am not able to really define what steps was followed in details. There was so many forum/threads to read and check, many are contradictory regarding resetting the RC using its buttons. I am sorry, but the following list is only from my remembering of all try/fail stuff, there was 2 weeks vacations in between. Some steps could have been swapped.

From my understanding, now what is clear:
  • The RC was a GL-300C with a HDMI board. Used with PH3A and PH3P.
  • The RC was totally bricked after an upgrade to 1.9.2 during the requested restart of the RC with latest GO app android. It never come alive back. At this stage, there was nothing as sign of life regarding lamps. Only a high pitch sound when I pressed the power button, and a light heat in the RC, no lamps blink or turned on. This sound and heat are gone when the battery is disconnected and reconnected. When charge is applied, nothing is shown.
  • It was clear to me that some of the devices in the RC didn't updated and the start of RC is stuck. So the solution looks to be the upgrade, downgrade or refresh of the firmware.
  • Trying several combinations of pressed keys, disconnection of battery, etc... no luck at all. Locking to the mess in describing keys combination related to the RC, even from DJI, still make me thinking there is some room for progress. DJI could also include them officially in the user manual and firmware upgrade manual.
  • The first hope come from a guy describing a 2 keys press to power the RC. Press and hold C1 and SHUTTER buttons then push the power button like to power-up the RC (short then long) make for the first time the status LED showing an activity. This can be repeated and at least allow to turn ON and OFF the RC. The status LED was cyan (between white, green and blue). That was a good step. Such status LED color I had when I installed the HDMI module and it needed an update.
  • In the GO app, there is a 3 bars menu button on top right of main screen. Pressing it for 5-10 seconds bring the downgrade page. Sounds really good but none really worked. It was always failing at 34-35%.
  • Sometimes during normal connection to the RC it was proposing to upgrade the firmware, but it was failing at 0 or 35%.
  • Swapping the HDMI module to the standard USB module, was only changing the version reported to GO app. But any up/down grade always failed.
  • Finally progress started when I do the same but with an iPad mini 4. Menus are almost the same but the downgrade menu was showing refresh for the current version it shows. Before the refresh, It says refresh 1.6 but during the update, I saw Current version 1.5.80
2017-08-05 18.52.47.jpg
  • This failed after 35% as before, but the RC was able to be powered on/off from the power button.
  • Then I tried many combination of keys (C1, C2, RECORD, SHUTTER and ISO wheel button), before powering ON, when it was ON and just before shutting OFF, I am not 100% sure of what was really successful. There was never a confirmation beep. At least one time, the status LED started to turn ON in BLUE :) and beeping like during an upgrade. There was still many trial of upgrade / downgrade using the GO app. When turning off and on, then it comes to be RED then cyan, so still ok.
  • But at some point, it started to update with BLUE status, slowly and only went to small % but said success and yes, it was ok :). Relink and all good. So much time lost !
I am sorry not being able to capture the full story to compile the correct path to follow. I thought in the middle that it was a loss and it will go for spare parts.
But my message is don't give up if you can't or don't want to sent it to DJI for repair.

BINGO, a blue light with a lot of beep, so nice sound this time, the horrible upgrade beeping this time is so good to hear.
Unfortunately it was a so long process that I am not able to really define what steps was followed in details. There was so many forum/threads to read and check, many are contradictory regarding resetting the RC using its buttons. I am sorry, but the following list is only from my remembering of all try/fail stuff, there was 2 weeks vacations in between. Some steps could have been swapped.

• The RC was totally bricked after an upgrade to 1.9.2 during the requested restart of the RC with latest GO app android. It never come alive back. At this stage, there was nothing as sign of life regarding lamps. Only a high pitch sound when I pressed the power button, and a light heat in the RC, no lamps blink or turned on. This sound and heat are gone when the battery is disconnected and reconnected. When charge is applied, nothing is shown.
  • It was clear to me that some of the devices in the RC didn't updated and the start of RC is stuck. So the solution looks to be the upgrade, downgrade or refresh of the firmware.
  • Trying several combinations of pressed keys, disconnection of battery, etc... no luck at all. Locking to the mess in describing keys combination related to the RC, even from DJI, still make me thinking there is some room for progress. DJI could also include them officially in the user manual and firmware upgrade manual.
  • The first hope come from a guy describing a 2 keys press to power the RC. Press and hold C1 and SHUTTER buttons then push the power button like to power-up the RC (short then long) make for the first time the status LED showing an activity. This can be repeated and at least allow to turn ON and OFF the RC. The status LED was cyan (between white, green and blue). That was a good step. Such status LED color I had when I installed the HDMI module and it needed an update.
  • In the GO app, there is a 3 bars menu button on top right of main screen. Pressing it for 5-10 seconds bring the downgrade page. Sounds really good but none really worked. It was always failing at 34-35%.
  • Sometimes during normal connection to the RC it was proposing to upgrade the firmware, but it was failing at 0 or 35%.
  • Swapping the HDMI module to the standard USB module, was only changing the version reported to GO app. But any up/down grade always failed.
  • Finally progress started when I do the same but with an iPad mini 4. Menus are almost the same but the downgrade menu was showing refresh for the current version it shows. Before the refresh, It says refresh 1.6 but during the update, I saw Current version 1.5.80
View attachment 86397
  • This failed after 35% as before, but the RC was able to be powered on/off from the power button.
  • Then I tried many combination of keys (C1, C2, RECORD, SHUTTER and ISO wheel button), before powering ON, when it was ON and just before shutting OFF, I am not 100% sure of what was really successful. There was never a confirmation beep. At least one time, the status LED started to turn ON in BLUE :) and beeping like during an upgrade. There was still many trial of upgrade / downgrade using the GO app. When turning off and on, then it comes to be RED then cyan, so still ok.
  • But at some point, it started to update with BLUE status, slowly and only went to small % but said success and yes, it was ok :). Relink and all good. So much time lost !
I am sorry not being able to capture the full story to compile the correct path to follow. I thought in the middle that it was a loss and it will go for spare parts.
But my message is don't give up if you can't or don't want to sent it to DJI for repair.

That comment helped me a ton. I just received a Phantom 3 Advanced unit today with the GL300C controller that seemed to have bricked after the first update.

One thing that fixed it for me was to hit the C1 + Shutter buttons to get it to white, start the firmware upgrade process through the app (app main screen, hold down on three bars at top right for 5-10 seconds, release) on the same version that was installed on the unit. Once I started the process, the unit would change to a blue light and beep, but after about 12-20 beeps, would go idle again and fail. The trick was to hit C1 + Shutter again while the app was attempting the firmware update, after the unit died. This allowed it to finish the upgrade, and we're off to the races.

That comment helped me a ton. I just received a Phantom 3 Advanced unit today with the GL300C controller that seemed to have bricked after the first update.

One thing that fixed it for me was to hit the C1 + Shutter buttons to get it to white, start the firmware upgrade process through the app (app main screen, hold down on three bars at top right for 5-10 seconds, release) on the same version that was installed on the unit. Once I started the process, the unit would change to a blue light and beep, but after about 12-20 beeps, would go idle again and fail. The trick was to hit C1 + Shutter again while the app was attempting the firmware update, after the unit died. This allowed it to finish the upgrade, and we're off to the races.
Happy it help you. Good flight.

So relieved this worked! Thank you!

View attachment 86397

Had to create an account just to thank you for this. had the exact same problem with the exact same phantom and controller. Followed your instruction step by step and it worked like a charm. You guys rock!

I do love you so much for this

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164