Remote Control keeps unlinking

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope somebody has had this problem and might be able to help.

I have the Phantom 2 non-vision with HD3 gimbal and and everything has been working great. On Sunday I was flying on a deserted beach and managed to flip it and it took quite a big fall.

I reconnected the camera and everything looks good. I ran the advanced cali to get mod values back in range - all looks good.

The odd thing is when I go to do the compass calibration the remote control and the Quad are unlinking. The little LED light goes red and the large lights flash a constant yellow. If I power cycle still won't link. I've followed to guidance of pressing the little LED receiver light and turning not he controller but still won't link.

I opened up the top to see if anything was loose but all looked good - checked all the connections and seemed fine. I then did manage to get a relink so thought might have been a dodgy connection.

However after reassembly everything still good. Links is fine.

Then as soon as I try to calibrate the compass is unlinks again. Back to square one.

Any thoughts welcome?

I'm filming in Tanzania so can't try anther controller or pop it back to the supplier who is in DC.

Thanks in advance.
Chris

I have not experienced this problem. But the first item I would consider replacing would be the receiver in the phantom, since this presented itself after a crash.

Good luck.

Hi Damon,

Thanks so much for the reply. That is what I thought too. Though Facebook I tracked down a fellow Phantom owner who had upgraded to a Futaba so he gave me his old receiver.

Unfortunately that also doesn't work. This morning I'm going to try a different DJ6 remote control to see if the actual controller is the problem.

Chris

Have you hooked up the Phantom to the Phantom Assistant software and checked out the RC settings?

Hi,

Sorry been away from computer filming.

Unfortunately new controller didn't link either. So have tried new recover and new controller.

Yes, I have also tried the Phantom Assistant Software. The PhantomRC software seems the RC but the main Phantom software doesn't.

I've ordered a replacement quad as the work is critical and will try and return this to the supplier in the US.

If supplier is not an option send it to hunch "hani". He loves fixing them, it appears he has fixed several phantom pilot quads with rave reviews, and he is an active member here helping out.

Dear friends, I have same problem, but have "good news" after 3 week of pains. My malfunction is with my RC. I clarified it with other RC. Calibration in rc assistant and in manual mod no give me any positive results. Sorry for my English))

same issue mine was after crash i did it all to try to link them! still nothing as for the P2 assistant the control are all to one side not on center i try to move them doesn't work but when i use the RC assistant it does work i found out a little black spot in the down side of the main cardboard that matches a chip form the transmitter and reciever cardboard maybe that's the issue as everything is working well and has all of it' firmware up to date

PS: i have just the back leds on yellow blinking and the link button on the P2 is red as soon as i turn it on! need HELP to as it is stuck in there already order a new transmitter card to see if that's the problem

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl