Remote control help

Reaction score
I just got my p3p today and noticed the remote is a gl-300b. I see that there is an a, b, and c. What is the difference in them? I just upgraded from the p3 standard and can't wait to fly this. Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I just got my p3p today and noticed the remote is a gl-300b. I see that there is an a, b, and c. What is the difference in them? I just upgraded from the p3 standard and can't wait to fly this. Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The 300A and 300B RCs both have the same power output for the control signal. It's only the 300C version of the RC that has reduced power. If you don't do any very long range flights, you probably wouldn't notice a difference with any of the versions in that regard.

The A has the DaVinci processor and USB 2.0. B and C don't have the internal video processor, but have USB 3.0.

The video transmitter is in the bird, and the power for that has been reduced with each new version of the Phantom 3. First reduced by 18% in relation to the original and then later by 30% in relation to the original.

Here is much more detailed information:
Old Motors vs. New Ones

The 300A and 300B RCs both have the same power output for the control signal. It's only the 300C version of the RC that has reduced power. If you don't do any very long range flights, you probably wouldn't notice a difference with any of the versions in that regard.

The A has the DaVinci processor and USB 2.0. B and C don't have the internal video processor, but have USB 3.0.

The video transmitter is in the bird, and the power for that has been reduced with each new version of the Phantom 3. First reduced by 18% in relation to the original and then later by 30% in relation to the original.

Here is much more detailed information:
Old Motors vs. New Ones
I think that the reduced power theory is a myth. No one has proven it and there is no reason to believe DJI would intentionally cripple their products.

I had a replacement remote from a B to a C.

The C goes just as far.

I think that the reduced power theory is a myth. No one has proven it and there is no reason to believe DJI would intentionally cripple their products.
You can think that if you'd like, but after you find out it's true may I ask respectfully for you to update your post?

Reactions: JoBe
Have the outputs from all three actually been measured, Oso, as that'd kill the argument stone dead?
No argument at all. :)

The transmitter power output for each version of the RC is listed in the post I linked to earlier as well as in several other threads here, in the DJI forum, and in FCC device records. Same as for the transmission power out of the bird's various versions since initial release.

Last edited:
Reactions: Numone and Loz
No argument at all. :)

The transmitter power output for each version of the RC is listed in the post I linked to earlier as well as in several other threads here, in the DJI forum, and in FCC device records. Same as for the transmission power out of the bird's various versions since initial release.
Cheers Oso... debate closed then!

Reactions: Numone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan