DaVinci

Reaction score
With this type of knowledge out there....and I for one had no clue...hope I am not the only one who had never heard or read of it (it will make for boring reading to the masses) ...how does one know if/when you do have the COVETED DaVinci processor. Can you order it from DJI ....many.. many questions I have :)

The DaVinci processor is a video processor. The GL300A controllers have this video processor and it was removed to cut cost on models made after this one. Which is the GL300B and up. Without this processor the work is passed on to the tablet or smartphone instead . Side by side comparisons with the DaVinci vs no DaVinci have shown longer ranges using the controllers with the DaVinci processor. There needs to be more testing to make sure this is true and wasn't just a coincidence. In my opinion it already seems like the go app using a ton of processing power and having some extra hardware to help reduce some of the stress on the tablet would definitely be better.

Did you try to contact TI?

Do all the DaVinci processers come only in GL300A
Yes, it was the A model RC that had the DaVinci chip from TI (Texas Instruments).

Reactions: Double_DoubleG
Why was that processor so much better than the others
It's not that it was better, it's just that it existed. In the A models, the DaVinci processor was present, so the processing could be done in the RC. In later versions of the RC beginning with B, the DaVinci was removed and USB 3 was added. Speculation is that this was done to save BOM costs by offloading the video processing to your mobile device instead.

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought I read somewhere that the HDMI module includes the DaVinci, so if you added that module you might get that processing. It may work for only the HDMI output however. Potentially A owners who added the HDMI module now have a valuable extra part, with the DaVinci chip, that could add the DaVinci functionality to a B or later RC. It's not clear if that would make much (any?) difference though. I don't know enough about this, so I would gladly welcome feedback from someone with more knowledge.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd