Release DJI Ground Station for P2V Waypoints app 1.0.41

BigTulsa said:
Old Gazer said:
You have to remember that if you set several waypoints at different altitudes, that the Vision will gradually ascend or descend between waypoints. Beware of obstacles Between waypoints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey gazer..asked you this in an earlier thread that got locked and my post got deleted. What general area of Eastern Oklahoma are you from? You can obviously tell from my username where I'm from.

Hello BigTulsa, I sent you a message so as not to get off topic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Everything is working with this new Waypoint app. Although I have very poor quality on the map. My Google Map program zooms right down to street level in Satellite mode, and its almost crystal clear.

...However the DJI Waypoint map screen satellite or hybrid wont get down to that resolution so I can hardly any detail in the map.
Is this what everyone else is experiencing ?

RCRookie said:
Everything is working with this new Waypoint app. Although I have very poor quality on the map. My Google Map program zooms right down to street level in Satellite mode, and its almost crystal clear.

...However the DJI Waypoint map screen satellite or hybrid wont get down to that resolution so I can hardly any detail in the map.
Is this what everyone else is experiencing ?

You need to open the app up with a connection and zoom down as far as you can in the area(s) you will be flying so it will cache the maps. I did this and it seemed to cache them fine. I was using a Wifi only Nexus 10, although I didn't even get mine off the ground due to the stupid 8km restriction around airports (why this happens in Waypoints but I can fly manually is a little silly).

I think you're right...I zoomed in at home and just tried it. It was fine. When I was 6 miles away in some open areas I fly in, I had to hotspot my phone to DL google maps to my tablet, I may not have zoomed in all the way.
Will test again Saturday weather permitting.

The Rookie

I think this is brilliant marketing on DJI's part. How are you going to find the Phantom users that need full groundstation? Offer them a limited (aka crippled) version on their phone for free.

So far I see the following:

1. Repetitive Flights - Let's say a farmer wants to check on his crops each day (you need full GS to be able to save missions).
At a press of the button, the job is done. or Local news stations who want an "eye in the sky" during rush hours. Monthly check on how your roof is doing, etc.
I am sure you might need an automated flight to check for drones coming even close to your property...

2. Flights where you lose control signal - It is very common to have trees and obstructions. You can set it so that it gets you where you want it to be, without having control along the way.

3. Automated drops to deliver that Amazon shipment ;-)

4. Search missions

At this point, it seems we have all the technology we need, except for collision avoidance. The rest is just software at this point.
We can automate the boring tasks, or fly under complete control to develop our skills and have fun.

There is a sinking feeling that you need to get used to, when you go beyond control signal and totally rely on this thing.
A tracking device sounds like a must have, with this application...

Well I updated my phantom vision to 3.04, tried the way points and it will not work. It tells me to go to gps mode. on the screen it says mode N/A no matter what I try. So I was going to just fly it with out way pionts and now it says lost control at about 30 feet. I sure as hell will not be upgrading my vision plus. Any thoughts on this......

wildcatter said:
Well I updated my phantom vision to 3.04, tried the way points and it will not work. It tells me to go to gps mode. on the screen it says mode N/A no matter what I try. So I was going to just fly it with out way pionts and now it says lost control at about 30 feet. I sure as hell will not be upgrading my vision plus. Any thoughts on this......

Did you make sure that GPS was enabled on your phone?
DId you check that the Right swtich was all the way up?
Did the App and the phantom say that it had GPS lock? 6 or more Sats?

I'm trying to find the instruction manual on the DJI website.
I cannot find it.
Perhaps it's just I, but I can never seem to locate items easily on their site.

If anyone has a link, I'm much appreciative for a share!

Thanks!

:D :D :D My first flight using waypoints - absolutely fabulous!! It worked just like it should. It was a short flight (about 20 minutes) because I was fussing with settings, etc., but it went where I sent it to, at the altitudes I selected, and when it was done it came back to it's home point at which time I took over.

I can't give the programmers enough praise. We (drone pilots) may want a lot of refinements that aren't there yet, but I know from experience that programming something like this is tedious and makes for a lot of looong nights, so, THANK YOU DJI.

Sounds real neat. Question (as I don't yet have my phantom): how do you go about figuring out the Gps coordinates? Use a third party map app, or does the app have a built in map to point and touch for coordinates?

Re: P2V WAYPOINTS!!! What a blast!! WOW!

mikey said:
Sounds real neat. Question (as I don't yet have my phantom): how do you go about figuring out the Gps coordinates? Use a third party map app, or does the app have a built in map to point and touch for coordinates?
The Vision app has the map built in. It's just a matter of tapping/dragging for the waypoints.

I remember my first experience! :lol: just kidding

Glad you had fun it def is a good thing to have if you want to give up flying lol

fireye81 said:
I had a problem with no Wifi on my Android after update, solved by turning off the mobile data in the settings of my Android phone (Galaxy Note 2), only whilst I am flying obviously! Worked immediately for me hope it does for you!

:)
ok have now tried the new update on both ISO and Android have rebooted until my fingers hurt and still no Wi-Fi have emailed DJI about the problem the same as when my fpv went then the camera recording on its own and now the wifi and each time they have never got back to me once . do DJI test the update or do they just get us Muppets to do it for them

Hello all, been an avid lurker and finally decided to take the plunge and register. I look forward in collaborating with the many of you. I do have a possibly stupid question but here it goes:

I updated the phantom to the latest 3.04 software, updated the app etc. when I went to set the waypoints for a test flight two issues were noted:

A.). I'm not able to set the height parameters for home point (this may not be necessary) however in the window that subsequently opens to press the "GO" icon, the height of home point is noted as = to the last entered waypoint destination height. For example if I have 3 waypoints set at specific altitude/height, home point is defaulting to the last waypoint parameter, in this example waypoint 3.

B.) next, when pressing the "GO" icon, a screen pops up saying "enter gps mode". So nothing happens. I've tried to set and reset s1 and s2 various times on the RC, but each time I get the same pop up screen. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any insight you may have

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl