Release DJI Ground Station for P2V Waypoints app 1.0.41

Releasing Ground Station for Phantom 2 Vision series

DJI is releasing the Ground Station function for Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2 Vision+ users at 9am US East Coast Time today, June 24. This function will be available within the updated DJI Vision app for iOS and Android.

Overview
The DJI Vision app is being updated to iOS v1.0.41 and Android v1.0.50.

Major New Features
Ground Station support with:
*Planned flight missions of up to 16 custom waypoints.
*One-touch “Go Home” function.
*Flight safety protection:
**3.1 miles (5km) flight distance limit.
**Ground station is automatically disabled when the Phantom battery level falls below 30%.
**1640ft (500m) maximum flight radius from HOME point, 656ft (200m) altitude limit.

Important: Ensure that your Phantom is running the latest firmware v3.04. Download the updated app from the Apple App Store or Google Play on your phone. If the app is not immediately available on Google Play, you may download it at http://m.dji.net/djivision

Introducing Ground Station for the Phantom 2 Vision Series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qajTB3g8TrU

Re: Releasing Ground Station for Phantom 2 Vision series

Wooohooo!

Ok all you DJI Vision Beta Testers... We need input!

Let us slow pokes know how well this works, bugs, hiccups, etc.

I'm staying at 1.08 til i hear its SAFE to upgrade... :lol:

Do I just need to update the app and P2 and RC software, or do I need any extra hardware to support Ground Station and waypoints?

It says you need to update your Vision to Revision 3.04

This is a WAYPOINT App...not Ground Station. Designed solely for Vision and Vision Plus owners.

If you're already at 3.04....Just need to download the Android or Iphone app.

Hey,

does anyone know what happens if the phantom loses video or RC connection during a waypoint mission? I never managed to achieve a distance of 500 meters and would love to let the phantom fly itself that far even if the RC connection breaks during the mission. Any experiences?

Is it possible?

Re: Groundstation and BVR Flight (beyond visual range)

noreason4 said:
Hey,

does anyone know what happens if the phantom loses video or RC connection during a waypoint mission? I never managed to achieve a distance of 500 meters and would love to let the phantom fly itself that far even if the RC connection breaks during the mission. Any experiences?

You will lose Video feed from the app. Your mission will continue to record and finish its route. It will still be recorded to the SD Card , you simply will not have control of Camera tilt or settings, until it is back in range and you restart your Camera app.

It doesn't require RC control once the mission is underway. It is "fully autonomous" after it initiates.
Once back in range, switch S1 from GPS to Atti and back to GPS to regain Control.

And you may need to "dismiss" the mission to do the above. Not sure on that part.

If losing control of live feed and control of camera, I am supposing we cannot have photo preplanned in this app? Guess, it can only record the video as it travels, but not control movement of camera by preplanning shots or stop and take a photo using app planning?

I can think of the following that would be helpful to the community.

1. Someone can check what happens when you temporarily lose control signal during a mission. Are you able to increase the height to regain signal and continue the mission? Can you force a mission to complete without signal? (Like trees or temporarily obstructions in local parks)

2. make sure we don't have more flyaways, or situations where you cannot regain control.

3. Does this break the booster app, for those that use it.

4. Does this affect those that are rooting into the phone and changing channels, power levels, etc.

Anything i missed?

dastagg said:
If losing control of live feed and control of camera, I am supposing we cannot have photo preplanned in this app? Guess, it can only record the video as it travels, but not control movement of camera by preplanning shots or stop and take a photo using app planning?

I believe that's correct....presetting tilt of camera is about all you get, unless still in range, then all camera features should still be available as the mission continues. Once out of range, you get only SD Card recordings, no camera control.

PhantomRock said:
I can think of the following that would be helpful to the community.

1. Someone can check what happens when you temporarily lose control signal during a mission. Are you able to increase the height to regain signal and continue the mission? Can you force a mission to complete without signal? (Like trees or temporarily obstructions in local parks)

2. make sure we don't have more flyaways, or situations where you cannot regain control.

3. Does this break the booster app, for those that use it.

4. Does this affect those that are rooting into the phone and changing channels, power levels, etc.

Anything i missed?

The Missions are FULLY AUTONOMOUS. No RC control is needed once the mission is initiated.
That all needs to be done during Mission Planning....accounting for obstacles on the route will be your responsibility. No saving graces there.

Re: Release DJI Ground Station for P2V and V+ Waypoints app

Does anyone know if this fixed the fpv cutting out after a couple hundred feet?

I guess all the paranoid 1.08ers are going to have to update or never use this feature, oh no!

RUCam10 said:

Is this "cutting out" issue ...happening to EVERYONE? or just some?

tedw123 said:
I guess all the paranoid 1.08ers are going to have to update or never use this feature, oh no!

Yes...We all knew this day was coming.
But being as the 1.08ers, are likely skeptics or simply 'not' risk takers, they'll wait a little longer and watch the results before 'talking the leap" !

Again...If waypoints are not important to "why you fly" your Vision. Maybe they will chose to Never Update.

RCRookie said:
RUCam10 said:

Is this "cutting out" issue ...happening to EVERYONE? or just some?

It seemed like it was everyone that had the last update of the vision app before this newest one. I had heard on here that it was the app and not firmware or anything so I'm hoping that this update will fix it. The distance is supposed to be 300m but I know many ppl were only getting about 300-500 feet.

RCRookie said:
tedw123 said:

Yes...We all knew this day was coming.
But being as the 1.08ers, are likely skeptics or simply 'not' risk takers, they'll wait a little longer and watch the results before 'talking the leap" !

Again...If waypoints are not important to "why you fly" your Vision. Maybe they will chose to Never Update.

I guess I simply don't understand the fuss. I have had a Vision and Vision+ and have flown 1.08 and now the most current. I don't have any noticeable flight changes with the exception of controlled rate of descent, which is actually good in someways as it protects one from crashing. I think the topic is way overblown.

tedw123 said:

Haha hey im a 2.0 user and i dont have any problems ;)

but with that said, iv been nervous about updating because iv been happy with the way it flies, no crashes or hiccups.
but i think this weekend i will at least try it. what the worst that could happen? :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers