Registration enforcement

Look,
This thread is about "Enforcement"
I'm just pointing out different angles.
Just because you may not like someone who sees it a different way is not a sound basis to call them paranoid or dramatic.

If you're opposed to wikipedia, then just Google it.
What is it you are actually afraid of happening to you?
That your drone will be unfairly/illegally confiscated and that there will be no legal recourse to recover it?
Or did I miss your explanation?

No, I don't believe you... Civil forfeiture still has to go through the court system. And being a Leo does come with the responsibility to know the law. A false arrest can lead to criminal and civil penalties. I think you are a bit over dramatic &/or paranoid. I really don't want to get in to some pissing match either.

you are way of of touch with reality and do not know what you are talking about one bit.

No civil forfeiture does not have to go threw any courts and INLESS YOU WANT to take them to court and spend $1000s and $1000s of dollars to go and try and get your 1200 drone back and you very well might provail and get it back if you did no wrong and can prove it and its civil so the burden is on you to at least by preponderance of proof win the case if the judge is atleast 51% convinced you are right and the cops were wrong.
and no false arrest only is when you are accused arrested and booked on a crime that is not on the books and no such crime. AND only if it can be proven that the cop KNOW it was not a crime and arrested you for it any way and didn't do it in whats called in good faith an dno police are NOT required to know all the laws inside and out and is not there job. thats what courts and lawyers are for after. and if they just take you drone as evidence and dont arrests you then there is no arrest and thus no false arrest. and I see people all the time thing that if they get arrested for some thing and found not guilty that they can sue for false arrest when that is not at all so. Being they do not have to have 100% proof that some one broke a law to arrest some one and only need reasonable cause to believe that you MAY have broken a law and that they believe there is a good possibility that witness are telling the truth of if some one sings a swore police report and they find some evidence to reasonably assume you MAY Have committed the crime and are the person accused of it. and not false arrest whats so ever even if the witness and the person making the accusation are lying threw there teeth the cops. The cops get to pass the buck and say its not there fault some one swore you did and if any thing they can go after the person for making a false report BUT only if they willfully lied and not just mistaking or to the best of there knowledge telling the cops some thing that was false.

Heres what would be false arrest You go threw a green light and get arrested and charge with running a green light and they put that down on the arrest report thats clearly false arrest being even if you did go threw the green light there is no law saying you cant go threw a green light.

what would not be false arrest is if you go threw a green light and the cops lies and says he seem you go threw a red light and charges you for that and some how you are able to prove you were not guilty then you get let go and they say well the wheels of justice turned and you were giving due process of law and yada yada and thats it. Its not false arrest being there is a law that says its against the law to run a red light. Tho that might not be the best example being thats not some thing some one gets arrested for very often and just issued a ticket. Nore is it any thing that even if thrown jail would be more then one year or even at risk of facing a year or more. Which is also a requirement for a false arrest or even an improper conviction being they are not even considered to be violating any ones right to freedom if you are not in danger of being in jail and losing your freedom for less then a year. Hence the reason what most minor charges you are not even allowed to have a jury trial. and thats because the law don't think that the Constitution or someones rights are violated if its less then a year of your life wasted over nothing.

Now is it LIKELY that a cop is going to to go and do that to some one just to screw with them and to take there drone????? probably not all that likely BUT if they did want to they could and they are cops so they can get away with any thing because they have that thing called a badge which lets them do any thing they feel like as annotated gods who think they have power over us pathetic mortals. And dont worry if the police ever do any thing wrong they will investigate them selves and find that they did nothing wrong whats so ever.

What is it you are actually afraid of happening to you?
That your drone will be unfairly/illegally confiscated and that there will be no legal recourse to recover it?
Or did I miss your explanation?

Didn't say I was personally afraid of anything.
I'm just pointing out registration enforcement "possibilities" (according to the thread title)

Most people realize that there are those in law enforcement who take matters into their own hands.
I think that's well known. It's not impossible that some might have their Phantom taken by an uninformed leo who knows that they must be registered. Being that I'm generally not a huge fan of big government, I often play devil's advocate.
Don't take it personally.

Similarly, I've met a good cop or two along the journey.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Sorry but your post screams anti-government paranoia and misinformation. You can say your looking at different angles but all you did was rave about cops taking drones with no warrant and slippery slope registration and getting "snagged" by the government web. I'm sure Alex jones would be proud..

Reactions: Meta4
Sorry but your post screams anti-government paranoia and misinformation. You can say your looking at different angles but all you did was rave about cops taking drones with no warrant and slippery slope registration and getting "snagged" by the government web. I'm sure Alex jones would be proud..

ok,
You are definitely entitled to your opinion.
But don't cross the line to slinging personal insults.
I think you're bordering on that at this point. "Rave"? "Scream"? "paranoia"? "misinformation"?
"Alex Jones"?

Have I used any colorful adjectives to describe you or your posts? (even if I disagree with some of your points)

Disagree....but keep it civil ok?

you are way of of touch with reality and do not know what you are talking about one bit.

No civil forfeiture does not have to go threw any courts and INLESS YOU WANT to take them to court and spend $1000s and $1000s of dollars to go and try and get your 1200 drone back and you very well might provail and get it back if you did no wrong and can prove it and its civil so the burden is on you to at least by preponderance of proof win the case if the judge is atleast 51% convinced you are right and the cops were wrong.
and no false arrest only is when you are accused arrested and booked on a crime that is not on the books and no such crime. AND only if it can be proven that the cop KNOW it was not a crime and arrested you for it any way and didn't do it in whats called in good faith an dno police are NOT required to know all the laws inside and out and is not there job. thats what courts and lawyers are for after. and if they just take you drone as evidence and dont arrests you then there is no arrest and thus no false arrest. and I see people all the time thing that if they get arrested for some thing and found not guilty that they can sue for false arrest when that is not at all so. Being they do not have to have 100% proof that some one broke a law to arrest some one and only need reasonable cause to believe that you MAY have broken a law and that they believe there is a good possibility that witness are telling the truth of if some one sings a swore police report and they find some evidence to reasonably assume you MAY Have committed the crime and are the person accused of it. and not false arrest whats so ever even if the witness and the person making the accusation are lying threw there teeth the cops. The cops get to pass the buck and say its not there fault some one swore you did and if any thing they can go after the person for making a false report BUT only if they willfully lied and not just mistaking or to the best of there knowledge telling the cops some thing that was false.

Heres what would be false arrest You go threw a green light and get arrested and charge with running a green light and they put that down on the arrest report thats clearly false arrest being even if you did go threw the green light there is no law saying you cant go threw a green light.

what would not be false arrest is if you go threw a green light and the cops lies and says he seem you go threw a red light and charges you for that and some how you are able to prove you were not guilty then you get let go and they say well the wheels of justice turned and you were giving due process of law and yada yada and thats it. Its not false arrest being there is a law that says its against the law to run a red light. Tho that might not be the best example being thats not some thing some one gets arrested for very often and just issued a ticket. Nore is it any thing that even if thrown jail would be more then one year or even at risk of facing a year or more. Which is also a requirement for a false arrest or even an improper conviction being they are not even considered to be violating any ones right to freedom if you are not in danger of being in jail and losing your freedom for less then a year. Hence the reason what most minor charges you are not even allowed to have a jury trial. and thats because the law don't think that the Constitution or someones rights are violated if its less then a year of your life wasted over nothing.

Now is it LIKELY that a cop is going to to go and do that to some one just to screw with them and to take there drone????? probably not all that likely BUT if they did want to they could and they are cops so they can get away with any thing because they have that thing called a badge which lets them do any thing they feel like as annotated gods who think they have power over us pathetic mortals. And dont worry if the police ever do any thing wrong they will investigate them selves and find that they did nothing wrong whats so ever.
What a bunch of garbage. I do in fact know what I'm talking about. I've been a Leo for 21+ years and have been involved in forfeitures. Please take your YouTube law degree somewhere else.

Didn't say I was personally afraid of anything.
I'm just pointing out registration enforcement "possibilities" (according to the thread title)

Most people realize that there are those in law enforcement who take matters into their own hands.
I think that's well known. It's not impossible that some might have their Phantom taken by an uninformed leo who knows that they must be registered. Being that I'm generally not a huge fan of big government, I often play devil's advocate.
Don't take it personally.

Similarly, I've met a good cop or two along the journey.
Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you personally were afraid. I could have worded that different.
I guess I look at it as a $5 investment (the registration fee every 3 years) for protection against ignorant or over zealous LEOs.

What a bunch of garbage. I do in fact know what I'm talking about. I've been a Leo for 21+ years and have been involved in forfeitures. Please take your YouTube law degree somewhere else.

Please calm down. Everyone's entitle to their opinion.
We would expect leos to be able to remain calm.

Reactions: aka1ceman
ok,
You are definitely entitled to your opinion.
But don't cross the line to slinging personal insults.
I think you're bordering on that at this point. "Rave"? "Scream"? "paranoia"? "misinformation"?
"Alex Jones"?

Have I used any colorful adjectives to describe you or your posts? (even if I disagree with some of your points)

Disagree....but keep it civil ok?
Ok, fair enough. If I offended you I apologize. I believe, with a background of my education, training and experience that you are incorrectly speaking about forfeitures.

Reactions: Jeff48920
Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you personally were afraid. I could have worded that different.
I guess I look at it as a $5 investment (the registration fee every 3 years) for protection against ignorant or over zealous LEOs.

No problem. I'm no that delicate :D
It's no secret we see things differently, but I try to digest opposing points of view but will also assert mine.
When I get outta line, one of the moderators gives me a gentle push back toward center. lol
That's what forums are all about.
Discussing is a LOT more constructive than arguing or name calling.

Ok, fair enough. If I offended you I apologize. I believe, with a background of my education, training and experience that you are incorrectly speaking about forfeitures.

Ok...that's MUCH better.
I've read a good bit about them and lived with a lawyer for many years so I got a lot of legal education along the way.
I agree that (hopefully) confiscating drones won't become a common occurrence. But since the thread was about enforcement and I am known to not be fond of big government intervention, I threw that out.

I'm fairly certain it will happen here and there and I'm fairly certain that a few Phantom's will be unlawfully taken....things happen...
But again, hopefully not on a large scale.

Thank you for the apology.

Unfortunately it isn't a perfect system. Our judicial system can surely struggle when it comes to new technology. The laws can be antiquated and slow to be updated. And like any organization of people there will be bad apples and mistakes made. I think some posts being made are taking the approach of worse case scenario.

Illegal seizure is common place in many jurisdictions. As are local drone laws that violate the sole authority of the FAA to regulate airspace. The problem is neither are easily rectified.

Illegal seizure is common place in many jurisdictions. As are local drone laws that violate the sole authority of the FAA to regulate airspace. The problem is neither are easily rectified.
I wasn't aware of that.
I haven't seen any complaints of illegal seizures in any of the drone forums I belong to, and the media stories I've read all dealt with "found" drones and not seized ones.

Some have argued that the City of Seattle has no authority to create a NFZ around the Space Needle or The Great Wheel - I suppose that might be true if challenged in court, but the NFZ's make sense to me. I guess that authority belongs to the FAA and not the local government entities?

The city of Seattle has zero authority to create a no fly zone. They have to do it via the FAA.

Awesome. ... I might be able to pick up a P3 for $10 at my next police auction. ...j/k
:cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl