Registering with faa?

No need it, however if you registered before you can use same registration for all your drones.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
It's a long story but basically I registered 8 weeks ago. I even paid the fifty for numbers and card. Well after 6 weeks I haven't received squat so I started e-mailing them. They were apologizing for the delaying we will send u another immediately.
Well two days ago would have been 3 weeks, two days ago l was pissed and sent a letter telling them they were liars and scamming folks and etc....
Well I told them to refund my money and forget it and guess what, yesterday I received the I.d. Card and tail numbers. Lol
Today the account shows where they refunded me as well!
So my point is I didn't want to go thru the hassle again if I didn't have to.
So I'm sure they unregistered me but I don't care as long as I'm all legal.

Glad it worked out, but it sounds like you went through one of those "services" rather than directly to the FAA. It was only $5 for a one number, unlimited use registration. They send you the number and registration card directly via email. A lot of folks got sucked in by these seemingly 'official' websites. With the recent court ruling, hobby registration is no longer required. I and others who have reported on similar threads keep the number on our birds.

Glad it worked out, but it sounds like you went through one of those "services" rather than directly to the FAA. It was only $5 for a one number, unlimited use registration. They send you the number and registration card directly via email. A lot of folks got sucked in by these seemingly 'official' websites. With the recent court ruling, hobby registration is no longer required. I and others who have reported on similar threads keep the number on our birds.
That's Prolly what it was then. I could not figure out how the FAA could be so careless but that makes sense about the scam "services".
I'm lucky I guess to have gotten anything especially my money.
Whewwww!

Yes this stumps me as well. I am registered with the FAA however I am stumped by this article. My understanding is if you are non commercial and under 55 pounds you do not have to?
FAA's drone registration rule suffers major setback

I have not checked the FAA website in a few days but according to the FAA drone registration for non commercial use is only encouraged. I can see why 4.1 million$ over a five year period. I would encourage individuals to register as well. I support registration of drones, after all if my drone drops out of the sky and someone else locates and returns it, I will be notified. Likewise if it crashes into someone's car I would want to be responsible for the damages as well as get my drone back. It works both ways. If you follow the rules and are responsible the registration could be of assistance. If you on the other hand are breaking laws with the drone this could very well land you in trouble. Either way fly responsibly and help keep the heat off the community. We do not want legislation making registration, license, and insurance mandatory Not to say this would happen but.....

Yes this stumps me as well. I am registered with the FAA however I am stumped by this article. My understanding is if you are non commercial and under 55 pounds you do not have to?
FAA's drone registration rule suffers major setback

I have not checked the FAA website in a few days but according to the FAA drone registration for non commercial use is only encouraged. I can see why 4.1 million$ over a five year period. I would encourage individuals to register as well. I support registration of drones, after all if my drone drops out of the sky and someone else locates and returns it, I will be notified. Likewise if it crashes into someone's car I would want to be responsible for the damages as well as get my drone back. It works both ways. If you follow the rules and are responsible the registration could be of assistance. If you on the other hand are breaking laws with the drone this could very well land you in trouble. Either way fly responsibly and help keep the heat off the community. We do not want legislation making registration, license, and insurance mandatory Not to say this would happen but.....

I agree- whats 5 bucks ? Two times I have been approached by law enforcement while fling and both times all they asked was if I had it registered. Both times the answer was yes and off they went. The appearance of obeying they law was worth it.

Can someone post a link to the proper area of the faa site for registration

So I'm still a bit confused.. I see that supposedly we no longer need to register, per this link, but I don't see that reflected on the FAA site. Can someone help verify if this is accurate right now or not? I'll happily pay the $5 if I need to of course, but why bother if I don't need to!

Thanks!

[edit] Found my answer here!

So I'm still a bit confused.. I see that supposedly we no longer need to register, per this link, but I don't see that reflected on the FAA site. Can someone help verify if this is accurate right now or not? I'll happily pay the $5 if I need to of course, but why bother if I don't need to!

Thanks!

[edit] Found my answer here!

Unless your a commercial uav pilot no need to register with faa.
I started to and after 8 weeks I hadn't received any type of numbers so I cancelled the $50 I spent to have the actual stickers and I.d card.
( I chose this option as personal preference over the $5 fee for just " online registeration")
But like I said never received anything from faa but I was refunded my $50

Reactions: burnface
i registered. whats 5 bucks?

its more for others then being required. easy to show it to someone (like perhaps a misinformed cop or something) than to say its "not needed, go lookup FAA reg blah blah"

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan