Register with FAA- Account Type...

You can actually change your current registration number, I did on my first one. I had gone the online route then decided that I wanted an N number so in my registration package, I gave the FAA the old number and asked for a new one. No problem. However, they never updated my online account so the old number still shows up there. I don't worry about it since I have all the paperwork for the new number.

You can actually change your current registration number, I did on my first one. I had gone the online route then decided that I wanted an N number so in my registration package, I gave the FAA the old number and asked for a new one. No problem. However, they never updated my online account so the old number still shows up there. I don't worry about it since I have all the paperwork for the new number.
Cool. Thanks, I'm gonna get started on the process.

Just a word of advice. The FAA is very picky about this registration. So make sure that you fill out everything just like they tell you to and that all of the requested info is included in your affidavit. If not, they will send it back for the missing info and when you return it it goes back to the end of the line!

When you send in the package, keep a copy of the FAA form. That serves as your temporary registration until they send you your official one.

Reactions: microraptor

When you ask them for a new number, a real "N" number, is it still the same paperwork for a number change or do you treat it as a brand new registration? Sorry to bother you. I really thought I was going to get an N number when I registered online, especially doing it the commercial route. I was disappointed when I saw that really long FA number.

Yeah, still need all the paperwork☹️

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl