red & white dots in dark areas, white stripes in light areas

Maybe I'm blind but I don't see what you're referring to. Could be the compression YouTube applies to video.

Have you tried playback on any other devices?

The lines and dots are clearly visible when the video is played back full screen. I must admit I have never seen either of those before. It does not look like the normal noise one sees in dark areas. I cannot explain it. Maybe someone else can.

The lines and dots are clearly visible when the video is played back full screen. I must admit I have never seen either of those before. It does not look like the normal noise one sees in dark areas. I cannot explain it. Maybe someone else can.
OK, I went back into YouTube and the video was in my history. Playback full screen on my laptop and I see it now.

IVODC, if you have a drop box or similar, can you upload the video and post a link here? I may be able to figure it out but would want to start with the original file off the SD card.

And by the way, I am extremely jealous of your surroundings. I don't know where this is, but I want to go there just to fly.

A youtuber "Ken Heron" had that happen to him. The camera was broken had to send it in to get repaired. You can see the anomalies in his videos when he went out west, maybe Arizona.

@LarBear360 you can download an unedited file here: DJI_0037.MP4
The errors actually sometimes seem to be gone in the video and than they appear again. This makes me think it could be a loose connection somewhere. Unfortunately it's too old to be covered by warranty so I guess I'll have to pay quite a lot if I send it in for repair.
10-4. Got it!

I don't think it's a loose connection. Nevertheless, you could try cleaning the contact points on the cable.

I'm not an engineer nor am I an expert in video but it my experience working with cameras I suspect it's the CMOS sensor within the camera. It seems to be happening only in the darker areas. With a CMOS each pixel processes the signal individually with the signal then being sent down the line to the CPU. Each pixel has it's own amplifier which can create noise. The noise is what you're seeing.

Unfortunately, the camera is the most expensive piece to replace.If you're up to it, maybe try e-bay for a used camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing