Red lights on PV2+

Reaction score
On it's 4th flight my PV2+ met up with a tree resulting with me replacing the shell. No props were damaged. After replacing the shell I tested it without props then after it appeared to test OK I put on the props and test flew it. Everything appeared to work as it should including the camera except the left front light does not light up red in GPS mode during flight, only the front right arm lights up steady red. It was this arm that required the shell replacement. Upon further checking all lights on that arm work except the red . Suspecting a loose wire I removed the top cover but no loose wires were found. I even unplugged and replaced the connectors to the board. I did not remove the board and motor to inspect the bottom of the board or the LEDS. Any suggestions? Thanks

A broken lead for the LEDS as they are in a series pattern.
It could be that the 300 Ohm resistor is damaged on top of the ESC.
To find out were exactly you can find info on it, i did some research on this topic HERE

If it were me I would just replace that one ESC. They are not that expensive and an easy solder job. Don't mess around with a part that is integral in keeping your quad in the air.

Or another option is you could swap it with a working one and see if the problem follows the ESC or the position.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl