Red lights and battery error please check

Reaction score
So yesterday I tried to land on a small stool and the bird tipped and started going crazy. I then grabbed one of the legs so it would hit anything else while the motors were still going. Because it went into Atti mode, the only I knew how to shut the aircraft down at that time was to remove the battery.

Today I tried to power it up with two fresh batteries, the LED lights were steady red and the Go app says "Battery error, please check" with the overall status stating "System Error". The RC connected to the aircraft fine and I could see through the camera. Tried IMU calibration but didn't help even after normal completion. Tried upgrading to the latest firmware 1.5.something and it took the update but still gave the same battery error message.

Thoughts on how to troubleshoot this before I have to send it to DJI?

By the way, I tried two fresh batteries with same result. I also inspected all the connectors I could see and they seemed to be seated firmly.

Last edited:
One thing I know: we should never remove or insert battery in its ON condition. That might affect electronics. I believe you need to take it to DJI now. Chances of mother board failures are very high.

Page 20 of the manual:

upload_2015-12-9_7-25-56.png

My guess is you borked a circuit or 2.

Did you attempt to start the aircraft after updating the firmware, or did you reboot the aircraft and then try starting it?

Side note - Call me chicken, but I would be much too scared to try to remove the battery while the blades are spinning.

Reactions: salibaj

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl