Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Red Light Only on Battery

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by SRome, Aug 22, 2015.

1. SRome

So I had a little crash with my Phantom 2 and when I go to power up my battery I click once, then hold for two seconds. The green lights cycle through and then only the red battery light stays on. It stays on for about 3 minutes and then shuts off. I cannot get on Assistant due to the quad not powering up. Please help.

2. jason

One quick push release push again and hold.

Since you had just a little crash plug your P2 to the software and do an advanced IMU calibration on a completely level surface.

3. SRome

Had the controller turned on, connected to the software, pressed once quick and then again with hold for 5 seconds. Back to red light

4. TeamYankee

Does the battery charge up ?

5. SRome

Battery is charged up. See the attached video showing me check the battery then run through the startup procedure. Thanks

6. jason

Reconnect the GPS module and try it again .

7. jason

Also check the battery terminals for damage and the info pins under the terminals are working as they are spring loaded. Try holding power button on the battery for around 6 seconds or until the power button starts flashing and all 4 green bars should be lite do this with the battery removed from the P2. You may have damaged the battery.

8. SRome

When I push the power button for 6 seconds the red light flashes and then goes off. Does that mean the battery is damaged?

9. jason

If you're checking the same way as in this video and it's not working on a fully charged battery then I would say it's time for a new one.

10. antares

Hi SRome,
    if you have a second battery and the second battery makes your P2 to lift up then the first 'red light' battery is defective. If you don't have a second battery - this is the best time to get one.

11. onderion

I had a little crash with P3P and the battery get out from its place. Now this battery show the charge status when I push once. When I hold it two power the phantom it shows only one green light and wont startup. also try to charge it. It starts to charge and then shows again first green light. and not charging. What should happen?

12. Mako79

Take the battery out.
    And power it up like it was inserted into the phantom. If it remains on, then the problem could be the phantom.
    Now if the battery remains on, insert it into the phantom and it should immediately power up the phantom.