Red Airplane on Map Direction

Reaction score
Hello all i'm new to flying drones and i bought a used DJI Phantom vision 2 plus and i need help. I am using the DJI vision app and my question is on the map the red airplane is it suppose to face the same direction of the drones nose when i move the drone around i see it move around on the map but they never face the same direction . My problem is the planes nose on the map is not in the same direction as the nose on the drone and i'm worried that if i do way points that i will not know what way it is going and that it will not follow the route right. I will try to put up some pics tou show better what i am trying to explain thanks for your help.

Hello all i'm new to flying drones and i bought a used DJI Phantom vision 2 plus and i need help. I am using the DJI vision app and my question is on the map the red airplane is it suppose to face the same direction of the drones nose when i move the drone around i see it move around on the map but they never face the same direction . My problem is the planes nose on the map is not in the same direction as the nose on the drone and i'm worried that if i do way points that i will not know what way it is going and that it will not follow the route right. I will try to put up some pics tou show better what i am trying to explain thanks for your help.
If your indicator isn't aligning with the direction your Phantom is pointing, try calibrating the compass in your phone/tablet.
Google will find instructions for you.

Reactions: raymond324
I've had this once or twice, usually sorts itself out once I start flying, my advice is to shut everything down, start your tablet or phone and wait until GPS is acquired (use an a GPS app)then start the quad up.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Download "Field Compass"

Ok i tried everything so far and the red airplanes nose on the app still faces a different direction then what the drone is facing but when i move the i see the red airplane move too but i still will not face the same why and that's why i'm afraid of using way points thinking it will fly in wrong way and hit something. Maybe i will suck it up and try the way points and see what happens lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing