Recover from Fly-Away

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that to recover from fly-away you need to switch to manual mode.

I just watched a YouTube video where the guy switched to RTH mode to recover from fly-away.

http://youtu.be/94cRqLQxClw

Can anyone tell me their experience on how to recover a fly-away.

Thanks

Fdnyfish said:
I thought I read somewhere that to recover from fly-away you need to switch to manual mode.

I just watched a YouTube video where the guy switched to RTH mode to recover from fly-away.

http://youtu.be/94cRqLQxClw

Can anyone tell me their experience on how to recover a fly-away.

Thanks

I could be wrong but RTH is a GPS deal and that really would not allow you to control a REAL Flyaway. Of what I have read you need to switch to manual. I for one do not have that selected as I would need to learn how to fly manual before I attempted a Fly Away recovery or the end result would be not so good I fear.

E

Agree, just watched the video and I have to say he lost control because of signal interference, a true Flyaway RTH will not allow you to regain control.

BruceTS said:
Agree, just watched the video and I have to say he lost control because of signal interference, a true Flyaway RTH will not allow you to regain control.

I believe it was also mentioned he was using some other Tx (but unsure).

The problem is that no two fly aways are exactly the same, as they can be caused by different factors. - GPS and/or Gyro malfunction.
But from what I've read,. in most cases hitting RTH during a flyaway rarely does anything but ensure that the craft continues to fly away. :( (especially if it's the GPS having problems).

But yes,. the ideal way to recover from a flyaway is first switching to ATTI, and if that doesn't work, flip to manual and try to bring the craft down safely.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing