Recording video

Reaction score
Hi guys, I wanted to know how long you can keep recording a video? From moment you take off till the moment it landed? If you are recoding in 4K or even at 2.7k won't it overheat? Even my dslr or mirror less camera can't continually record more than 10mins before it shut itself down. Thanks guys!

I have a P3a and I've recorded a full flight, just over 20 min with no issue. With the prop wash helping keep camera cool camera shouldn't overheat

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeh I guess it make sense cause our quads constantly moving. During hot summer maybe different game haha.

Won't overheat like the 5 minute Sony RX100 IV. The 4k cameras on the Phantom, Inspire and Osmo all have fans to keep them cool.
If it's a hot day your iPad/iPhone will overheat long before the camera does.
Keep in mind the 4GB file size limit for the ExFat format used on the cards, it will split the video and lose a few frames between clips so it's best to stop/start recording every 9 minutes since you'll have seperate files anyway and it doesn't split it in the middle and ruin an epic shot.

Just put a 32 gig micro sd card in there. One that's rated for 4K tv. No worries you can record entire flight.

I break them up its easier to compress an upload to YouTube. With 29 minutes videos you are definitely gonna have to look into shrinking the video file.

-Joe

Ok that will sum it up guys. I can't thank you enough. Thank you guys I really appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl