Reason for obtaining 107 certification

Reaction score
I'm going to take the 107 exam for reasons other than commercial. NYS has pending legislation that is expected to pass and be in effect on Nov.1st that essentially makes it legal violation for a recreational drone operator to Fly within 5 miles of an airport period,( among some other restrictions) no notification just don't fly. My small city and adjacent town are covered in class E airspace with a floor of 700ft. So the only way to fly is with a part 107 certification.. I expect some other states will follow suit. Actually I found studying the material including YouTube videos and practice tests to be enjoyable. Kind of like reading the posts on this site. You learn a lot, some of which is actually useful in flying your drone

Boy, that seems like highly questionable legislation. Then again, government can do whatever they want until a private citizen ponies up the money to call them out . .

I think you're on the right track with your 107. I'm studying for for similar reasons, I fully expect the current recreational party will get shut down at some point.

You don't link to the bill but even if it passed, most likely it would be illegal. Depends on the wording. Were is NYS (Is this NY State?).

NY already has laws and bills that are illegal when it comes to drones. Such as not allowing flight above 400'.

If you procced to the actuall bill it defines restricted air space as over a correctional facility or within 5 miles of an airport, So it look like puddle jumper air ports in class G air space which covers a large part of the US are included.766

If you procced to the actuall bill it defines restricted air space as over a correctional facility or within 5 miles of an airport, So it look like puddle jumper air ports in class G air space which covers a large part of the US are included.766
766 was a typo cant edit.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT