Re register drone?

Reaction score
So I crashed my white P4 and will be exchanging it for a black P4 with best buys holiday return policy before it ends on Jan 15th. Do I need to re register the drone again with FAA or can I use the same "VIN" number to stick on the drone?

Thanks!

You should use your existing FAA registration number if you're flying as a hobbyist. The same number can be applied to all of your aircraft.

Reactions: Cpv1989
Depends, are you registered as a hobby flier or commercial? As a hobby flier, you actually register yourself as a sUAS pilot and use the same 'vin' number on all you birds. So just put the number on your new bird. If you registered commercial, that's a separate and bird specific registration and you need to register the new one (and I would notify the FAA to cancel the registration on the old one).

For the sake of educating others here can I ask a couple questions? 1. How did you wreck it? 2. Is Best Buy really going to return a crashed Drone?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

For the sake of educating others here can I ask a couple questions? 1. How did you wreck it? 2. Is Best Buy really going to return a crashed Drone?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I tried to fly it indoor and it drifted into the wall. The drone was completely fine and I flew it with no problems 15 minutes later outside, I decided I might as well take advantage of the holiday return and get the black one. Best buy will honor most returns if the purchase was made throughout Nov/Dec till Jan 15th.

I tried to fly it indoor and it drifted into the wall. The drone was completely fine and I flew it with no problems 15 minutes later outside, I decided I might as well take advantage of the holiday return and get the black one. Best buy will honor most returns if the purchase was made throughout Nov/Dec till Jan 15th.

What if it is visually damaged? I.e. Parts broken, will they take that back?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Everyone will probably be advised not to buy an open box Drone at Best Buy! :)

I'm not too sure about that. Doesn't hurt to ask them.

I told them I was flying it and it randomly started flying up into a tree. They said they'd take it back. I asked them are you sure, it's damaged? She said yeh. I went home and got it and she returned it and she didn't even open the box!

Reactions: Cpv1989
I told them I was flying it and it randomly started flying up into a tree. They said they'd take it back. I asked them are you sure, it's damaged? She said yeh. I went home and got it and she returned it and she didn't even open the box!

Awesome! Glad it worked out for you!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl