Hi all
Just added another p4 to my collection
I noticed that the controller version is not the same as my other p4
It shows version 1.6.0
The other is 1.8.0
I don't want the latest firmware as this seems trouble
Can i just use this version
Whats the difference (CSC update?)

You should be fine with 1.6.0 as that was the original version that came with mine. I upgraded to 1.8.0 when I added the HDMI board for use with my goggles and more lately to the later version as per the recent FW. All controller versions appear to be the same i.e. CSC etc.

What do you guys mean about updating batteries? Ive seen this now on a few topics and have never seen any prompt to update a battery, and whats inside it that requires an update?

Usually when you do a firmware update the batteries will need to be updated also. The battery in the AC at the time of the firmware update is automatically updated. When you put your spare batteries in, you should get a prompt "inconsistent battery" or something like that. You just slide the prompt and it will update.

Hey Doc, I still run RC 1.6 AC 01.02.0503 and GO 3.1.3(no choice) and my bird flys like a charm, All notifications off and auto update off, I still get the firmware needs update but cancel and all is real real good. I have over 3,000,000 feet with these versions, over 5,000,000 total. I would keep it big time and stay in aircraft mode (I don't really need the maps, I could transfer all the files to another tablet and see the maps if needs be)

Hey Doc, I still run RC 1.6 AC 01.02.0503 and GO 3.1.3(no choice) and my bird flys like a charm, All notifications off and auto update off, I still get the firmware needs update but cancel and all is real real good. I have over 3,000,000 feet with these versions, over 5,000,000 total. I would keep it big time and stay in aircraft mode (I don't really need the maps, I could transfer all the files to another tablet and see the maps if needs be)

Thx mate good to know
It's a boost in confidence I only bought another p4 as a backup in case something goes wrong I know DJI discontinued making p4s
So grab em while you can
May try a litchi mission a la Dirty Bird with 2 drones
Thanks again[emoji106]

Reactions: Erised

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72