RC Battery

Reaction score
Is the battery in the RC a LiPo ?
Is it replaceable?
Does it require the same maintenance procedure as the intelligent batteries ?
I haven’t seen any information about the RC battery and was wondering if I should be doing anything special with it.....

Is the battery in the RC a LiPo ?
Is it replaceable?
Does it require the same maintenance procedure as the intelligent batteries ?
I haven’t seen any information about the RC battery and was wondering if I should be doing anything special with it.....
HI this out of pdf download for batt,,yes is lipo batt ,some also say to update batt firmware through assistant 2,not sure why it clever enough now,I have never done this even though I update app &firmware to drone,just charge and fly;)
Screenshot_20180413-102400.jpg
Screenshot_20180413-102554.jpg
.....number 3 probly good answer to those who think batt is shot because won't turn on (hibernating mode)

Just a question. do you charge your battery’s after each flight. I land with about 25 percent left on them and don’t charge them till my next flight am I dong it wrong Or should I charge after each flight.

Last edited:
Just a question. do you charge your battery’s after each flight. I land with about 25 percent left on them and don’t charge them till my next flight am I dong it wrong Or should I charge after each flight.
Unsure on right or wrong way,nothing wrong with charging on the day it probly better,,I charge up after batteries cool down and always have them ready to go but in doing this somethings I not take off on 100%,depending on weather and temp before next flight can cause slight discharging sometimes down to 89% most it dropped down too,I find battery in remote accepts a charge on the day after being charged ready previously so voltage drop there aswell,,after just writing this i see now that charging on the day seems better idea,I just like to have them ready to go but not always the best way,,ps yep I fly till first 30% batt alert then bring it in,I find running down to low gets to hot for my liking

thanks For your input. I just can see charging them to sit for a week or two. I live by the coast so it’s always windy. So sometimes I can’t fly for 2-3 weeks. And work gets in the way too. Lol.

Is the battery in the RC a LiPo ? Is it replaceable?
It is technically replaceable, but you likely won't be able to find the same battery unless you send your remote controller into DJI.

Does it require the same maintenance procedure as the intelligent batteries?
No.

When my remote controllers are in storage and/or not being used often, I always charge them back up to the 3rd light when I notice the level is down to 1 light. And before heading out to fly for the day, I will fully charge them if I know I'm going to be running through several batteries. There really isn't much else you need to do with them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga