RARE, WHO'S IN THE SAME BOAT AS ME?

Reaction score
Hi to all,

I bought my phantom 3p back in May 2015,... at that point I read all these posts and all the upcoming horror stories that would hit us flyers in the year 2016. at that point I had version 1.1 9 on the radio and on the bird itself, i turned off
Updates on apps, turned off cellular and turned on airplane mode, I have been flying like this with those settings since May when I bought this,... I am currently in a no fly zone(RED ZONE) but yet to my surprise I could fly anywhere ,anytime I want. if all of you have done what I have done you'd be free as a bird my advice at this point stop with the updates if it fly fine leave it alone!
the way I kept my phantom 3 lock and load it's worth many thousands of dollars now

Good luck to all

Hi to all,

I bought my phantom 3p back in May 2015,... at that point I read all these posts and all the upcoming horror stories that would hit us flyers in the year 2016. at that point I had version 1.1 9 on the radio and on the bird itself, i turned off
Updates on apps, turned off cellular and turned on airplane mode, I have been flying like this with those settings since May when I bought this,... I am currently in a no fly zone(RED ZONE) but yet to my surprise I could fly anywhere ,anytime I want. if all of you have done what I have done you'd be free as a bird my advice at this point stop with the updates if it fly fine leave it alone!
the way I kept my phantom 3 lock and load it's worth many thousands of dollars now

Good luck to all
I'm at 1.4 now on the bird, no issues. I also have 2.4.3 GO app, no issues. I'm thinking of going down one rev. It flew just what my stick input told it to fly.

All DJI quads prior to the P3, the Yuneec and the SOLO are free to fly anywhere they want to so i am not sure yours is worth more than any other P3. The NFZ's are opt out now also. What is your situation? On the edge of a 5 mile ring? I am just outside of one where I live but I don't buzz my neighborhood anyways. :D

All DJI quads prior to the P3, the Yuneec and the SOLO are free to fly anywhere they want to so i am not sure yours is worth more than any other P3. The NFZ's are opt out now also. What is your situation? On the edge of a 5 mile ring? I am just outside of one where I live but I don't buzz my neighborhood anyways. :D

Prior to P3 correct,..but not P3 current which I fly 10 miles out,
and as I stated, Washington DC RED ZONE,.... that is what i'am
talking about, i'am in the center red zone and can fly.

Prior to P3 correct,..but not P3 current which I fly 10 miles out,
and as I stated, Washington DC RED ZONE,.... that is what i'am
talking about, i'am in the center red zone and can fly.
The mother of all no fly zones. :eek: There has been talk of changing the Washington DC rules for small aircraft like Phantoms.

Really? I haven't heard that one. Who's talking about it?
Talk is cheap. It seemed like the FAA rep at the AMA conference would only agree to listen, but refused to commit to anything in the way of loosening up restrictions already in place, even those that totally shut down previously approved AMA flying fields, that have been inside that WA DC Red Zone for over 50 years. His favorite reply was that the input was duly noted. I'll believe the changes when I see them, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Reactions: snerd
Hi to all,

Good luck to all
Good for you...

My suggestion is to stop buying DJI. DJI doesn't give a rats-a$$ about their customers. Sure, their customer support got better, but I will never forget how it used to be. Back in the days when customers really needed their help, DJI was not there for them. No wonder they made it to number one. If a company has to put ZERO effort and money, towards customer support, warranties, product replacements and what not, they can grow way faster than a company that has to spend a lot of resources helping their customers.

Of course now that they have grown to be a company worth in the billions, they can focus on stuff like customer support. A little bit.

Talk is cheap. It seemed like the FAA rep at the AMA conference would only agree to listen, but refused to commit to anything in the way of loosening up restrictions already in place, even those that totally shut down previously approved AMA flying fields, that have been inside that WA DC Red Zone for over 50 years. His favorite reply was that the input was duly noted. I'll believe the changes when I see them, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
"Duly noted" is a bureaucrats way of saying they are not listening.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures