Rapid flashing red lights.

I have the same behaviour on mine and would like to know what it means. However, in my case, im nowhere near any airport.

Unfortunately, nobody seems to know why this is happening :( I sent a question to the support team at DJI, got this as an answer:

Have you tried to do an Advanced IMU calibration? This may fixes the blinking

It "may" fix it, but they don't know... I don't dare to fly my very expensive toy until the red flashes go away :?

I have seen post on blinking for the P1.

1. Faulty flight controller
2. Issue binding the DJI controller to the Phantom.

But that was a solid red flashing light. Yours Green... constant red flashing. I would continue with DJI... maybe contact your dealer.

Gonzon said:
Unfortunately, nobody seems to know why this is happening :( I sent a question to the support team at DJI, got this as an answer:

Have you tried to do an Advanced IMU calibration? This may fixes the blinking

It "may" fix it, but they don't know... I don't dare to fly my very expensive toy until the red flashes go away :?

That answer is ridiculous! They HAVE to know!

In the last 2 or 3 flights I noticed that the red lights were gone. Even when I was getting these lights I flew it and it seemed ok.
But we have to know what it means anyway.

Are you usingan original phantom 2 battery?, or maybe you are not getting any satellites over there

Sana

d4ddyo said:
you said it happened in Malta... not anymore at home?

In Sweden it did not happen at all, everything was fine. I'm still in Malta, have not tried back home yet.

Are you usingan original phantom 2 battery?, or maybe you are not getting any satellites over there

Original battery, I thought the rapid red flashes was the 2nd battery warning thing from reading the manual. But apparently not :(

That answer is ridiculous! They HAVE to know!

In the last 2 or 3 flights I noticed that the red lights were gone. Even when I was getting these lights I flew it and it seemed ok.
But we have to know what it means anyway.

That's what I said to them. How can you not know what this means? Never heard back...

If you are using version 3 of the firmware, you were likely flying near or under a restricted area. If so, please read the manual regarding flight Into restricted areas.

I am getting the same rapid red flashing lights and also a warning on the phone about being in a restricted area. I am about 7km from an airport.

Gonzon said:
Hi guys,

I'm new to flying Phantom and have a question. I brought my Phantom with me to Malta, and when I started it up it started to flash rapidly with red lights.

Youtube video of behavior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-66fjA6-S4

Could this be the warning signal for a "no fly zone"? I'm about 6km from an airport: http://imgur.com/r8vzqCg

I have that also happen to me I believe it is due to the proximity to a no fly / limited flight zone like an airport. I live by an international airport and it only happens at home. I get 4 green blinks followed by a quickly blinking red light. i still fly it with no problems and all fail safe features work fine.

I'm having the same issue as well. Did you ever hear back from DJI or your dealer regarding this? I was flying it roughly 8-9km away from YVR airport.

Andrew_Rezserve said:
I'm having the same issue as well. Did you ever hear back from DJI or your dealer regarding this? I was flying it roughly 8-9km away from YVR airport.
Revert back to 2.0 and test.

Hi I am Maltese and my phantom is doing the same , you don't have to worry about it is basically a flight limit signal on the naza

Limit the altitude you can go up , we have a category B airport and although that on the DJI APP PICTURE you showed looks all red but infact you can fly in it ( NOT EVERYWHERE THO ) but when ur in it will show those red rapid lights.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22205&p=203222&hilit=Malta#p203222

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl