RANGE? Immersion 600mw tx, with Spironets

hook3m said:
GhostMaster said:
Fanti said:
I get better than 4.6 km..

With black Pearl? Wich tx?

I have the immersionrc 600mw. Just did another flight and was able to do 600m before it started cutting out. What antennas are you using to get that distance?

I can tell you he doesn't use black pearl receivers. Use good antennas set to your monitor will get you 1.5km. For extra long distance you will be looking at 5800uno or duo. I will recommend uno due to the price and you will only need a 5 turns helical on.

Check this video out guys. He just broke my old record by a very little bit. But he got the flight screen to show you some ideas of battery life and video quality. He only use gps mode, I reckon he will done it quicker and further if he use atti mode.

http://youtu.be/2l2_7rmxOmA

leekawey said:
hook3m said:
GhostMaster said:
Fanti said:
I get better than 4.6 km..

With black Pearl? Wich tx?

I have the immersionrc 600mw. Just did another flight and was able to do 600m before it started cutting out. What antennas are you using to get that distance?

I can tell you he doesn't use black pearl receivers. Use good antennas set to your monitor will get you 1.5km. For extra long distance you will be looking at 5800uno or duo. I will recommend uno due to the price and you will only need a 5 turns helical on.

Thanks. I think the Black Pearl is only good for 2km-, 2km is the max we could expect from BP.

leekawey said:
Check this video out guys. He just broke my old record by a very little bit. But he got the flight screen to show you some ideas of battery life and video quality. He only use gps mode, I reckon he will done it quicker and further if he use atti mode.

If you look closely he appears to be using a large patch antenna for rx, similar to what I tried.

2trickpony said:
leekawey said:

If you look closely he appears to be using a large patch antenna for rx, similar to what I tried.

To be honest my little 5 turns helical give me better image than his patch. Have you not got helical? I think your Motorola patch is bit overkill. I have seen someone explain that helical radio pattern better match with spironet clover. Patch work better with liner.
I personally won't bother with the fpv setup anymore. More about increase flight time and weight loss.

leekawey said:
2trickpony said:
leekawey said:

To be honest my little 5 turns helical give me better image than his patch. Have you not got helical? I think your Motorola patch is bit overkill. I have seen someone explain that helical radio pattern better match with spironet clover. Patch work better with liner.
I personally won't bother with the fpv setup anymore. More about increase flight time and weight loss.

Yeah, I'm going to do 7km then call it a day with distance testing :D
I want to concentrate on video making now.

2trickpony said:

Yeah, I have to call BS on the 7KM FPV flight unless you have a pit crew along the way.

2trickpony said:

Until someone else does 7.1km!

2trickpony said:
leekawey said:

He was in the back of a truck, he could have easily drove down the road. I have a hard time believing that was a legit 5k flight.

ianwood said:
2trickpony said:

It's hardly possible. 7KM is about 4.4 miles, 8.8 miles roundtrip. At an average speed of 30mph it will take 8 minutes and 48 seconds one way, 17 minutes and 36 seconds total flight time. And that's optimal conditions and a phantom that’s flying a perfect straight line. Oh, and that's not adding any time for the Phantom to ascend and descend.

hook3m said:
ianwood said:
2trickpony said:

It's hardly possible. 7KM is about 4.4 miles, 8.8 miles roundtrip. At an average speed for 30mph it will take 8 minutes and 48 seconds one way, 17 minutes and 36 seconds total flight time. And that's optimal conditions and a phantom that’s flying a perfect straight line. Oh, and that's not adding any time for the Phantom to ascend and descend.

So perfectly feasible then.

For you guys with the immersionrc and mini iosd, how long is your flight time and how fast does it change from first warning to second warning?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

mustang_52 said:
For you guys with the immersionrc and mini iosd, how long is your flight time and how fast does it change from first warning to second warning?

My best flight time is 18 minutes and 12 seconds.
There are many variables as to how fast it changes from 1st to 2nd warning such as flight speed, wind speed, temperature, battery condition but usually not much more than a few minutes.

I took mine out today and flew it pretty hard in temps lower then freezing. Wind wasn't really a factor. It went from slow flash green to a green then red then green to red for about 10 seconds. Then went to steady rapid flashing red light and landed itself. It didn't do this before I added the fpv equipment so I'm just wondering what happened.

mustang_52 said:
I took mine out today and flew it pretty hard in temps lower then freezing. Wind wasn't really a factor. It went from slow flash green to a green then red then green to red for about 10 seconds. Then went to steady rapid flashing red light and landed itself. It didn't do this before I added the fpv equipment so I'm just wondering what happened.

That.....in bold-happened

Okay as long as that normal then I'm cool with that. So im assuming if I casually flew around that I'd get more time between the first and second warnings? Seems like I should have gotten more time in between warnings. Does the second warning return to home work from a good distance away?

mustang_52 said:
Okay as long as that normal then I'm cool with that. So im assuming if I casually flew around that I'd get more time between the first and second warnings? Seems like I should have gotten more time in between warnings. Does the second warning return to home work from a good distance away?

Well the trick is not to be too far away when the 2nd warning happens or you could lose the P2.
I always try to land with around 15-20%

Part of my problem is I didn't get to use the monitor yet so I have no idea what the battery is at but my worry is I'm not getting that much time between the first and second warning. If I was not that close I'm not sure id have enough time to fly it back.

mustang_52 said:

NO. the 2nd warning just lands the aircraft. So, if it happens over water-it is a total loss.
You need to learn your flight times-get an iOSD if you don't already have one, and update the firmware on that. The latest firmware shows battery percentage for P2's. Always have the aircraft in front of you, ready to land, by 30%-don't take the risk of running out of battery and having the aircraft land, where you don't want it to land.
1st level is the warning that you should land-now. You should never push into the 2nd level. Also-you don't want to drain your battery too low-could be harmful long term, for these big Lipo batteries.

Just realize that with FPV, iOSD, etc-your flight times are going to be in the "teens".....at 10 minutes, you want to know exactly where the aircraft is-and it should be headed home.
EDIT: you posted while I was typing. Why don't you have a monitor?

I had gotten the transmitter and iosd before I got the monitor and I wanted to test it out before I got the monitor hooked up. I plan on going by the battery level on the monitor but what I'm experiencing is a battery warning then it lands itself. The battery shows 1 full light and one blinking. I did get an early warning and had time to land before the second warning before I had put the fpv stuff on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94