Radar facing wrong direction

Reaction score
I always fly outside my house, except last weekend I was at the lake. Today I am outside my house, did the compass and the Home lock and for some odd reason the red arrow is now facing the opposite direction from normal. Any Idea why this might be so? Was it something I did when calibrating the compass or was it when setting home lock while hovering?

(Facing North the arrow shows north when heading north, today it was opposite)

Weird. I would try another compass dance, I might reinstall the app, and try another compass dance.

Great Pumpkin said:
Weird. I would try another compass dance, I might reinstall the app, and try another compass dance.

I did the compass dance again and it did correct it. I believe it must be the way you start the compass dance. I must of had the battery opposite me the time it was incorrect.

I did the compass dance again and it did correct it. I believe it must be the way you start the compass dance. I must of had the battery opposite me the time it was incorrect.

Piggybacking on this older post of "radar pointing backwards", I noticed this today on my P4 Pro. At first I thought it could be a bad compass calibration, so landed and did a recalibration, but that did not help. Then realized that every time I got to the edge of my vehicle seat with door open, (keeping warm and out of the breeze), the radar would flip 180 out of correct position. Then she I moved away from the vehicle it was right again.

I would have to speculate that the compass on the iPad must be in play, but I am otherwise perplexed over this issue.
Anyone have this happen or know why?

Thanks

Piggybacking on this older post of "radar pointing backwards", I noticed this today on my P4 Pro. At first I thought it could be a bad compass calibration, so landed and did a recalibration, but that did not help. Then realized that every time I got to the edge of my vehicle seat with door open, (keeping warm and out of the breeze), the radar would flip 180 out of correct position. Then she I moved away from the vehicle it was right again.

I would have to speculate that the compass on the iPad must be in play, but I am otherwise perplexed over this issue.
Anyone have this happen or know why?
The earlier posts had it wrong.
If the orientation of your radar display is wrong, recalibrating the Phantom's compass won't fix it.
This is because the orientation comes from the compass in your phone/tablet.
That is what they should have recalibrated.

In your case, bringing your iPad close to the steel body of your car deflected the compass in your iPad so it was no longer pointing north.
Test it by firing up the compass app in the iPad and seeing what it does when you get close to the car.

The earlier posts had it wrong.
If the orientation of your radar display is wrong, recalibrating the Phantom's compass won't fix it.
This is because the orientation comes from the compass in your phone/tablet.
That is what they should have recalibrated.

In your case, bringing your iPad close to the steel body of your car deflected the compass in your iPad so it was no longer pointing north.
Test it by firing up the compass app in the iPad and seeing what it does when you get close to the car.

Thank you for the reply! I was concerned that attaching to such an old post would cause it to get little attention.

That makes sense with how it was behaving, and yes I will test it as you suggested.

Appreciate you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing