quick mount release for gopro

Reaction score
Has anyone come up with a more efficient way to mount the gopro to the gimbal?
seems like some kind of quick release and quick clamp on would be way better than tediously tightening and un tightening those two tiny hex screws. It would make downloading, charging, changing parameters and using gopro for other things
a lot easier.

this 3d printed item on Shapeways has been mentioned in threads recently.

While you're there look up the "zenclip" it's a bracket for holding the entire gopro assembly in place when the Phantom isn't powered so it doesn't flop all around

While I agree this CAN be tedious,

I've barely removed my gopro from my phantom ever since I put it there to begin with.

The GoPro is easily charged while it's in the gimbal and the SD card is removable, it's actually less hassle for me to leave it in than it is to take it out.

Maybe check out a MicroSD > SD adapter if you didn't receive one with the SD card you bought.

Those ZenClips look liek a great idea, definitely need to get myself one of those.

coolhand said:
seems like some kind of quick release and quick clamp on would be way better than tediously tightening and un tightening those two tiny hex screws. It would make downloading, charging, changing parameters and using gopro for other things
a lot easier.

I have seen people using a "Hair Rubber Band" the kind women use to put their hair in a pony tail. It's very secure and easy on easy off. I'm going to start using one once the Compass fix ever gets released.

I bought that ZenClip it's very good , keeps the gimbal in place . I think having the gimbal flop around while not in use is a recipe for trouble. Just my opinion

coolhand said:
a lot easier.

I've been using a rubber band to hold the GoPro in place for weeks now. If you feel safer, you could use two, just in case one breaks. Haven't had any problems so far.
Actually, yesterday I took it out for a test flight, and I'd forgot to put a rubber band on, as I'd taken the GoPro off for another job. I flew around for 30mins and only realised when I got back home. Luckily the GoPro attaches to the gimbal quite firmly, otherwise, I'd be out trolling around in the long grass...

if you could let us know how that 3d printed clip works that would be greatly appreciated!

I would like a much faster on/off for the gopro as well

Ejazzle said:
if you could let us know how that 3d printed clip works that would be greatly appreciated!

may I suggest you follow the link and look at the pictures... it's fairly obvious and a lot easier to just see than to try to explain

QYV said:
Ejazzle said:

may I suggest you follow the link and look at the pictures... it's fairly obvious and a lot easier to just see than to try to explain

I should have been more clear. I see how it "works" but want to know how well it works.

Ejazzle said:
I should have been more clear. I see how it "works" but want to know how well it works.

ah yes hehe. I would say you can supplement the bracket with a rubber band or 2 until you're confident with it. I can say the quality of materials is fine, I don't feel like they're in any danger of breaking... unless I crash of course but that's on me

I have the Shapeways retainer to keep the GoPro in, works great. In a crash it may be better to separate camera from P2.

Flying over water, I use the one that comes with P2 so camera and machine don't separate.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl