Questions

Reaction score
I'm somewhat new to the DJI and have a couple of questions that hopefully are elementary enough and won't require much. I have the 4k camera, however after shooting video, I plug the SD card into my computer and the video appears "choppy" and never a steady flow. I've tried to toggle the video settings but I always end with the same result. I've looked through the manual and either I missed it or its not specific. If it is the fact that my computer can't handle the 4k playback, what software would work to play it and what exactly would need to be done? Would VLC work?

Second and last, The other day I was out with the wife and kids at the beach and after several flights over the water, I decided to walk out onto the beach with the P3P in the air. As I continued to walk, the phantom stopped (like it hit an invisible wall) and would not go any further. I looked through the settings to see if I accidentally changed something which I did not. What would cause this and what settings would need to be reviewed to ensure it does not happen again?

Again, sorry for the (more than likely) elementary questions as I am new to theDJI and learning. Thanks in advance.

I plug the SD card into my computer and the video appears "choppy" and never a steady flow
Try copying the videos to your computer before playing them.

As I continued to walk, the phantom stopped (like it hit an invisible wall) and would not go any further. I looked through the settings to see if I accidentally changed something which I did not. What would cause this and what settings would need to be reviewed to ensure it does not happen again?
Disable Beginner Mode in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Beginner-Mode.jpg

Also, disable the "Enable Max Distance" setting in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Maximum-Distance.jpg

I did both of those (turned off beginner's mode and disabled max distance) previously. Any other ideas on why it would do this? Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated.

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

I did both of those (turned off beginner's mode and disabled max distance) previously. Any other ideas on why it would do this? Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated.
Which FW versions are you using?

Are you aware of the 30m altitude / 50m distance flight restrictions with AC FW 1.11?

Last edited:
Which FW versions are you using?

Are you aware of the 30m/50m flight restrictions with AC FW 1.11?

The latest one out via the website. No I was not aware of the flight restriction, however the days before and the day following, I was able to fly well beyond those parameters all under the same FW.

The latest one out via the website. No I was not aware of the flight restriction, however the days before and the day following, I was able to fly well beyond those parameters all under the same FW.
There have been literally hundreds of posts about it in the two months prior to you joining the forum, so you'll have no issue finding information in a search here, on google, or in the other forums.
Here are a couple of threads that should quickly shed some light:

Background of the restrictions, release notes, how to videos:
RC issue after firmware update??

Thread discussing the returning of restrictions:
After being cleared, flight restrictions return with power up (battery change)

How to log out:
Cannot fly further than 50 m although limit is set to 250m

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klik4d