Questions about DJI Android App

AAC

Reaction score
My version is 1.0.52 which I suppose this is the latest one.
But the map is not updated. I plan to take aerial video for an open area industrial packing plant with lots of high tower heavy lifting cranes. However, map of app shows that there is no man land, no building, no heavy equipment. Likely, the map hasn't been updated for two years. Without the buildings on the map, I may have problem to set the waypoints on ground station. Any suggestion ?

My next question is before connecting to PV2+, flipping screen between camera page to map/ flying details page is smooth. However, when it is connected or flying in the air, I need to flip 3 or 4 times between screens. Is this app issue or my cell phone's problem ? I am on LG G2 Android system.

I believe the map uses Google Earth, so yes, this can be bang up to date or several years old depending on where you are in the world.
If you plan on flying around hazards like the ones you list then surly common sense would be to fly line of sight at all times, setting waypoints is all well and good in an open environment, but not around buildings and the like.
I have found that swiping down now switches to ground station quicker.

The map comes from google so as long they don't update it will stay the same.
What i would do is check with google maps on the net true a PC and see what they offer.

Yes, I checked it on my laptop, same result, no building shows up.
I could only imagine the building territory from the map and set the waypoints. No luck, it just flew far beyond the building.
Any tip to be more accurate ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl