Question regarding DBS Antennas

TuT

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Phantom 3 Advanced. Previously I had a Phantom 2 Vision Plus with the ITELite antenna.

My question for DBS (or anyone else) is if I connect the two 2.4ghz panels from the Phantom 2 antenna to the Phantom 3 remote, will I get similar performance to the new Phantom 3 version ITELite antenna, or is the new antenna very much improved in the 2.4ghz area?

As I understand it, the old Phantom 2 antenna had 1 x 5.8ghz panel and 2 x 2.4ghz panels.

Cheers, TuT

I didn't know there was a "new Phantom 3 version ITELITE antenna", unless you're referring to the MaxxRange.

Assuming there is no new Phantom 3 version Itelite antenna that's not the MaxxRange, the performance should be similar to the ITELITE that's designed for the P2V.

If you're referring to the MaxxRange, then yes, the MaxxRange is a better performing antenna.

This is the antenna I already have. It was designed for Phantom 2 Vision+
It has 1 x 5.8GHz antenna for control and 2 x 2.4GHz antennas for the Wi-Fi vision connection.
drone-antennas

This is the Phantom 3 antenna I was considering. It has 2 x 2.4GHz antennas. Due to the package size I'm guessing the 2.4GHz antennas may be larger inside the white case.
drone-antennas

I didn't know there was a MAXX range until you mentioned it. The larger size of the panel suggests excellent range probablities.
drone-antennas

My initial question was: Would the 2 x 2.4GHz panels inside the Phantom 2 version be in any was suitable for the Phantom 3 Andvanced. Has anyone tried using this panel on the Phantom 3? Or should I just be saving my pennies for a panel specifically designed for the Phantom 3? My current range in CE mode is no better than my Phantom 2 Vision+

Personally, I think you should save your pennies for the Maxx Range. Meanwhile, you can use your old ITELITE on the P3.

You also might take a look at Horizon's Terminator. "It's insaine!"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl