Question on E300 kit

Reaction score
Hi all!, I'm waiting for an E300 kit to arrive soon, and am wondering how to solve the no led indicator on the ESCs condition,
any tip or accessory led that could be used instead of oem leds? without led lights how can I know if P2 has locked home position achieved?
Whatever tip or info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Don't use the E300 ESC's, just connect the E300 motors to the existing Phantom ESC's. The ESC's in that kit are quite a challenge to fit in to the Phantom shell, and the stock ESC's work with those motors just fine.

OI Photography said:
Don't use the E300 ESC's, just connect the E300 motors to the existing Phantom ESC's. The ESC's in that kit are quite a challenge to fit in to the Phantom shell, and the stock ESC's work with those motors just fine.

Bought the kit as back up, cause one of my ESC suddenly started to show a problem sign, at start up the motor starts half second or so,
later than the others, noticeable by sight and ear, fly and hovers fine as usual, so far.

My idea is to replace the hole kit when it gets no longer flyable.

Is there any other trouble beyond the fit challenge?

My kit is finally in.
I would like to ask those who have done the conversion in regards to the bullet connectors:
I got the extra female 3.5mm ends. Is it best to snip off the old motors, leaving say 3cm to the board?
Could you expand on how you soldered the wire into the new female bullets? I see there's no mechanical connection there, so I expect I will need to make a small pool of solder in the cup, then make a very good connection connecting the wire in the cup. Did you use flux during the process?

Fyod said:
My kit is finally in.
I would like to ask those who have done the conversion in regards to the bullet connectors:
I got the extra female 3.5mm ends. Is it best to snip off the old motors, leaving say 3cm to the board?
Could you expand on how you soldered the wire into the new female bullets? I see there's no mechanical connection there, so I expect I will need to make a small pool of solder in the cup, then make a very good connection connecting the wire in the cup. Did you use flux during the process?

A video is worth a thousand, no, ten thousand words. ;)

Google or YouTube it.

There's many tutorials out there. :p

Found some, thanks ;)
Also, just to make sure, the order (red, yel, blk) is the same on both types of motors? Since the E300 aren't colored.
And the motor rotation drill pit is also same between both models?

I can't address the colors issues but... if the rotation is incorrect, just swap ANY two wires to reverse it. ;)
That's the beauty of bullet connectors! :)

(what is meant by 'rotation drill pit'?)

CCW (iirc) have a small pit marker on the very top of the thread to visually distinguish from CW.

$_35.JPG

AlI can help you with is how to reverse rotation. I have no experience with these motors.

If the props are self-tightening type then they can't be put on wrong.

Then motor rotation can be determined by the props.

Wish I could help more but I have no experience with your kit but DO wish you much success.

No prob. Just got home and the markers correspond to the old motors.
Now to solder the bits and test.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl