Back to Phantom Modding - Neopixel LEDs

I like that flame effect you have in the video above. Did you 3D print those Neo-pixel holders, I've been thinking about printing some up myself. I was also thinking the same thing about using the white props, I think they'll reflect the light a lot more, I have some on order.

Yeah, I designed and printed holders for the 24-LED neopixel rings, as well as for the single LED on top. The holders sit between the motors and the mounting plate on the arms. And if you can find white props, use 'em! They reflect a tremendous amount of light. Here's what it looks like on my other Y6 with white 9443s:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXzS2CtT8N4[/youtube]

I made these neo-pixel ring holders for my F550 with Aimdroix arms. The holes are counter-sunk so the screws don't touch the back of the rings.

Nicely done! One thing I would suggest is to minimize the profile. As much as possible to prevent your holder from becoming a sail and catching the prop wash. I tried to make my holders with a smaller circumference than the led ring.

What a great thread. I tinker with arduino's a lot. This ties two of my hobbies together.

I already have some parts in my cart and will finish tonight.

I'm excited by the possibility of feedback via the LEDs.

Hey! Amazing mod!
Is it possible to mirror NAZA LED on the rear ESC LED of Phantom 2? I dont particularly like the Phantom2's lighting scheme and am more used to the phantom1's naza LED codes.
Any possible way to mirror that to the rear ESC LEDs? (btw Esc v2.1 here)

"dual-PMU'd"? Where are you taking the power to power up the system? Can the naza LED voltage and ground be used directlly or would it be too dangerous?
Any other spot on the p330cb-h3-2d board where I could get the voltge to powerup the LED strips and the trinket? Would the trinket be able to powerup the leds strips? I know it is capable of powering 1 8 led strip which I'm using in some tests but not sure if it would be able to power up the 4 strips.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj