Question for nvidia shield users

Reaction score
I have noticed there is a lot of preloaded shield apps that I don't need. Is there away to get rid of these . I was a afraid to mess with anything that was factory loaded. Thank you

They wont hurt or slow anything down it is such a powerful tablet. But if you really want to get rid of some of them you can root it and install a custom rom. Or root it and install titanium backup which gives the option to uninstall anything you want.

All info you need is right here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/shield-tablet
Cool thank you for the quick response. I'll check it out

I just recently bought a shield and for me it is by far the best Android device I have used. I've tried a galaxy s5, galaxy tab 4 and an LG pad 7.0 . The nvidia shield has performed perfect . I have seen a lot of posts about people removing bloat ware and was checking to see if I needed to do that. I use my shield just for my phantom so I only have 2 apps on it. I love it so far.

I just recently bought a shield and for me it is by far the best Android device I have used. I've tried a galaxy s5, galaxy tab 4 and an LG pad 7.0 . The nvidia shield has performed perfect . I have seen a lot of posts about people removing bloat ware and was checking to see if I needed to do that. I use my shield just for my phantom so I only have 2 apps on it. I love it so far.

This is great to hear. I have been struggling to decide on a tablet to use with my P3A. Galaxy Note 4 runs but not great so I have really been considering the nvidia. Anything negative you see?

This is great to hear. I have been struggling to decide on a tablet to use with my P3A. Galaxy Note 4 runs but not great so I have really been considering the nvidia. Anything negative you see?
The only negative aspect I've found is that the polarization of the screen is parallel when in landscape mode, which is the same polarization as (at a minimum) RayBans... ie, the screen is black when trying to see it through sunglasses. Not a real biggie, I just stand in the shade.

Otherwise, the tablet is perfect for the job.

The only negative aspect I've found is that the polarization of the screen is parallel when in landscape mode, which is the same polarization as (at a minimum) RayBans... ie, the screen is black when trying to see it through sunglasses. Not a real biggie, I just stand in the shade.

Otherwise, the tablet is perfect for the job.

I got ya.. That figures, I always wear my polarized sunglasses when i fly too...help with spotting the bird on those overcast days.

I think i am going to hunt one down. Out of stock all over the place and when you do find them they are $400+ compared to the $299 they show on the Nvidia site. Thanks for the info.

I got ya.. That figures, I always wear my polarized sunglasses when i fly too...help with spotting the bird on those overcast days.

I think i am going to hunt one down. Out of stock all over the place and when you do find them they are $400+ compared to the $299 they show on the Nvidia site. Thanks for the info.
Yeah tough to find in retail stores. I ended up buying the floor model for $180 after some negotiation w/ the sales dude. Good luck, hope you find one!

I have the shield tablet and in all honesty I'm pretty unhappy with it. Compared to my iPhone 6 plus, the shield other then a bigger screen IMO is not meant to fly the P3. It lags a lot and I get the dreaded gapps pop up. It's no where as smooth as my iPhone.

It could be why it's not listed on DJI compatible tablets. I prefer to not fly with it. Although the consensus is its the best android device to fly with.

I don't know maybe I'm doing something wrong but I tried everything mentioned to try and get it to run properly...still no difference...

Android Version v1.2.0. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3, Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini. (Note: Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.)

Don't see it listed here???
Nvidia shield is listed as a compatible tablet !!!!!

Screenshot_2015-07-30-13-33-53.png

Android Version v1.2.0. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3, Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini. (Note: Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.)

That's an outdated list

Yes, the Nvidea Shield works with the P3. It's a great tablet too!

I like my iPad mini, but first generation won't run the Pilot app. For iOS, I would get the iPad Air 2, but the Shield is more compact and has HDMI out. That's a nice feature if you want goggles or plug into big screen for playback.

True it is not listed however the folks here using it for the most part have nothing but good things to say

OPERATING SYSTEM Android 5.0 Lollipop on the Nvidia Shield webpage. http://shield.nvidia.com/store/tablet

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl