Question about GPC backpack

Reaction score
Hi folks, for those that have the GPC backpack, can you please tell me if there is any padding on the part that zips down? It looks like it's just nylon, so that makes me wonder if the top of the Phantom could be damaged by a sharp hit.

Thanks

:D
The part that zips open for the main body is quite heavy. The cover has a nice lining and a zippered pocket inside for props. The outside of the cover has a heavy duty zippered pouch for laptop or tablet/pad.

I've had mine tip over several times with no worries. I've also hiked some nasty jungle trails and the pack (and contents) have been unscathed. I would never check into baggage, it does fly on most carriers as carry on. 14.5 lbs with all my gear, it's no lightweight.

MHL

I first had one of those cheap Ebay Phantom backpacks for $60. To give you some comparison the inside foam was a bit squishy. It did give some padding however it does not compare to the GPC backpack which I have now. The GPC backpack is much harder cut foam padding. I would feel comfortable putting it in an overhead on a plane along side other people's carry on stuff. I would never let it go through checked luggage though. That would be best for the GPC hard case.

I've used it for a couple months now packing it up mountain and cliff areas where I regularly fly. It is well made I think.

Fplvert said:
The cover has a nice lining and a zippered pocket inside for props.
There is a place in the pre-cut foam for props. The zippered pockets can store props, yes, but they are not intended to do so.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl