Purchased a new Phantom 4 - After 2 repairs, still have not flown!

Reaction score
I really am looking for a mechanism to raise my issue higher than the chain it has gone through so far, else I will go the legal route.

A few months ago, yes months, I purchased a Brand new Phantom 4. Due to area restrictions and me being a new pilot, I had a challenge finding time to fly and finding a location to fly. Eventually I found a spot and powered up my drone and was thinking I would start my first flight.

Drone 1 Issue: Well, I had status errors reporting "GPS Disconnected" etc. etc. And never could get past that state. Because it took me a few weeks to attempt my first flight, I was outside the refund/return policy window.

I called up and explained the issue to DJI and after a while on the phone, they stated they would put a rush-repair on it and return it to me in 7 days to get my first flight.

10 days laters, I received a drone from them. I had noticed it was not the same drone as I sent back, new shell, new system part number than Drone 1 (via DJI app reporting), etc.

Drone 2.0 Issue(s): Well while the GPS issue was gone, there ended up being 2 major issues. First: This drone would not allow a micro SD card to latch at all. I tried various cards, and nothing would latch. That was my first trigger to realize they replaced the whole drone. Second, DJI Assistant 2 would recognize the drone but not the firmware. Thus there was no mechanism via the computer to check and/or update the firmware on this drone. I believe they sent me a developmental version with a '-' at the end. Also, all the 'new drone' stickers were added to the drone, and my FAA sticker was gone. Eventually they admitted to replacing the whole drone.

Attempted to contact DJI via e-mail again, 3 days in a row, and for 3 days they didn't respond at all to me. I called them directly, they apologized, again, and would rush repair again. I sent it back and about 10 days later (today) I receive the repaired drone. I asked them what they repaired, tehy said they would e-mail me, but have not yet. Inside states they replaced the camera. This concerned me as to I do not see the relevance of replacing the camera to fix the issues.

Drone 2.1 Issue(s): Well first thing I test is the memory card, because without that latching, this drone is useless. Yep, didn't latch, at all. The repair didn't happen so it seems, and they just sent me back my old drone. The ID code is the same as Drone 2.0, the firmware has the '-' removed.

I have yet to fly my drone once since I purchased it. I have spent money to box and package this, and time to ship it out. Many events have come and gone in which I could have used the drone and can't.

If I cannot get the right mechanism to properly resolve this, I will need to go to the proper consumer reporting agencies. Any suggestions from you all on the forum?

Update 1: Repair group cannot do anything but issue another RMA and try to fix it AGAIN. They did provide HQ contact info.

My new P4 had the same latch problem. I gently pulled it out with tweezers and tried again, I same thing, pulled it out then back in very gently several times before the latch mechanism worked. I guess some new mechanisms are a bit too new, mine has worked perfectly since then.

I don't think it was the same issue as yours. Yours sounded like it latched and wouldnt pop out. Mine wouldn't stay at all. You push it in, it pops out, there was no way to keep it in the drone.

I don't think it was the same issue as yours. Yours sounded like it latched and wouldnt pop out. Mine wouldn't stay at all. You push it in, it pops out, there was no way to keep it in the drone.
...dcplus, would you mind telling what Repair Center or Authorized Dealer did you send the phantom to..?
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl