Proper traveling with Phantom 2 Vision +

Reaction score
My wife and I are going to Vancouver for vacation the last week of February.
I am planning on taking my Phantom, as the scenery should be beautiful.

I have a Go Professional hard case for the quad.
Should I tie wrap it shut, in case TSA or someone needs to open it?
Or should I put a lock on the case and make them come get me to open it?

Is there any kind of insurance I can / need to get to cover loss / damage from airline?

Not flying international. We are flying Houston to Seattle and driving to Vancouver. My wife and I do not have credit cards, and can't rent a car with a debit card in Canada if not a citizen. At least that's what the car rental places at the airport in Vancouver told me. Called the rentals in Seattle and they said no problem renting the car with a debit card and no problem taking car to Canada. So, 2 hour drive it is. Cheaper airfare as well. Savings on airfare to Seattle compared to Vancouver covered the rental, so no big deal.

LostAngel said:
Or should I put a lock on the case and make them come get me to open it?
You should lock it with a lock like this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00066 ... EGDF43NFEW

Or, this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O0A ... XQXMLBHK6N

The TSA will be able to open that lock and inspect if needed. If you use a non TSA approved lock, they'll just cut it off and then it'll be unlocked for the remainder of your travel

LostAngel said:
I have a Go Professional hard case for the quad.
Make sure you put a lot of padding around the camera in case the camera lock falls off. Maybe fill the case with foam peanuts.

LostAngel said:
Is there any kind of insurance I can / need to get to cover loss / damage from airline?
You should be safe if you have a TSA approved lock. Your home insurance might cover loss/damage though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl