Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Drestin Black

Jul 4, 2016
    So, two simple questions that should generate a lot of replies. I'd really like it if replies were limited to experiences of those who've done it and the results.

Carbon Fiber Propellers - what's different? Pros & Cons

Balancing Propellers - how often do the OEM DJI Phantom 4 propellers need to be balanced out of the box (i.e., is this a rare problem or common) and, perhaps more significant; how much of what effect does having an "out of balance" propeller have?

I've wacked a propeller or two and everything has survived and I've resumed flying "just fine." Surely, hitting a tree branch and, in another case, rubbing off about 1/8" from the tips of just two of the four blades on one side (she tipped over and it took a moment before I could stop the motors). They physically look worn - yet, as far as I can tell, I'm not suffering. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,
  2. Yiannis.B

Jun 14, 2016
    Carbon props brake a lot easier on a crash, and they can cut you very bad if you are on their way. Only plastics. DJI original props have a reputation, to be well balanced, out of the box.
    P.s. Change the damaged props. Motors running on them, usually turn faster, to compensate reduced lift, and maintain level.