Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Prop Guards Installed and made for uneven flight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darwood8u, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Darwood8u

I have a GoPro 3+ installed and have flown 60+ flights before I installed the prop guards yesterday. It used to be able to spin directly around, but now it spins in a 3m orbit when I rotate the Phantom 1. Upon take off, it seems, that now the camera end is too heavy and the drone has severe difficulty leveling itself in GPS mode. I have the string installed below the guards, but I am not sure why balance is now messed up. Anyone else know how to fix this other than adding a few small weights to the light end?

2. ericdes

Like every other mod that adds weight, you may require to adjust gains in the assistant software to compensate.

I have no props and won't install them, so maybe someone can chime in with experience.

If not try adding gains values. The norm is 10% at a time until you notice more stability.

Good luck.

3. SilentAV8R

I had them on mine (P2V) for the first dozen or so flights. I noticed no real difference after removing them. I may put them back on since they improve long distance visibility for me.

4. BruceTS

Talk about a safe quad, I wish I could find a way to fly without props...... :lol: Guess you meant prop guards :mrgreen:

5. OI Photography

That's DJI's new concession for everyone complaining about the new no-fly zones....you're allowed to fly anywhere in them now, as long as you remove your props first :lol: